FNMA and FMCC preferreds. In search of the elusive 10 bagger.

twacowfca

• Replies 17.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The most important part of that order is in the original motion itself. (http://www.valueplays.net/wp-content/uploads/13-465-0245.pdf)

n September 4, 2015, this Court granted Plaintiffs leave to file certain Protected Information under seal in other litigation challenging the Net Worth Sweep. Doc. 240, at 2. Specifically, the Court authorized Plaintiffs to file under seal the materials identified in Plaintiffs’ motions to remove the “Protected Information” designations from various materials produced in discovery. See Docs. 148, 162, 165, 166, 169, 170, 171. In the weeks since Plaintiffs filed those motions, they have identified additional materials that they believe other courts considering challenges to the Net Worth Sweep would find useful. Rather than identifying those materials here and filing additional such motions as Plaintiffs continue to review discovery materials, Plaintiffs move for general leave to file any and all Protected Information under seal in other litigation challenging the Net Worth Sweep. The Court previously granted Plaintiffs general authority to file Protected Information in Plaintiffs’ suit in the D.C. Circuit and D.D.C. Doc. 212 (July 21, 2015). For the same reasons, the Court should also grant Plaintiffs general authority to file Protected Information under seal in other cases that concern challenges to the Net Worth Sweep.

This is kinda what i was getting at. I dont really want to fully commit to getting on the hype train. I'm probably the most guilty with my crazy theories and all but even i say there is no direct evidence.  The Pres is allowed to have closed door meeting the The Tres. Sec. but it doesn't mean hes talking about F&F. Its certainly a topic im sure all of them are aware about but there could be a 50 different things to talk about that have as equal or greater importance....to the nation as a whole and not just F7F shareholders.

This is kinda what i was getting at. I dont really want to fully commit to getting on the hype train. I'm probably the most guilty with my crazy theories and all but even i say there is no direct evidence.  The Pres is allowed to have closed door meeting the The Tres. Sec. but it doesn't mean hes talking about F&F. Its certainly a topic im sure all of them are aware about but there could be a 50 different things to talk about that have as equal or greater importance....to the nation as a whole and not just F7F shareholders.

Hype train?  What did I post that lead you to that illogical conclusion?  I simply posted that Obama is meeting Lew.

If you don't think there has been significant progress made in the past 3 months you simply haven't been paying close enough attention.

Luke, im not making a personal attacks against you or your posts or even the information that you share. None of my last few post were intended to be adversarial towards you at all. I'm sorry if i come off that way. Posts and such on the internet tend to become more about how they are revived vs. what their intentions were when conveyed.

My post have merely been to urge caution. I agree that the sum of the news that has come out and the sum of the rulings in the cases have been net positive. We agree on the fact that significant progress has been made. And lastly but not least your posts are appreciated.

It is precisely when we real the fish in and are ready to take it off the hook that we must be careful not to drop it.

Luke, im not making a personal attacks against you or your posts or even the information that you share. None of my last few post were intended to be adversarial towards you at all. I'm sorry if i come off that way. Posts and such on the internet tend to become more about how they are revived vs. what their intentions were when conveyed.

My post have merely been to urge caution. I agree that the sum of the news that has come out and the sum of the rulings in the cases have been net positive. We agree on the fact that significant progress has been made. And lastly but not least your posts are appreciated.

It is precisely when we real the fish in and are ready to take it off the hook that we must be careful not to drop it.

No worries.  Thanks for clarifying.

Steele wants to get the ball rolling on this. Must think this one is tagged already.

Defendants motions to dismiss and their opening briefs in support shall be due on or before November 13 2015;

Plaintiffs Response

Plaintiffs' answering briefs shall be due on or before January 16, 2016;

Defendants Response to plaintiffs response

Defendants reply briefs shall be due on or before February 16, 2016;

It even stipulates the number of pages the breifs should be.........I guess i was wrong in saying this case wouldn't be started until next spring.

Wonder what this is about...

**SEALED** MOTION to Quash , filed by FEDERAL NATIONAL MORTGAGE ASSOCIATION.Response due by 10/19/2015. (Attachments: # (1) Appendix)(Hudson, David)

Cubs are on the verge of winning the WS. Govts lawyers want to bury the fact that they had a copy of "Grays Sports Almanac 85-15"

**SEALED** MOTION to Quash , filed by FEDERAL NATIONAL MORTGAGE ASSOCIATION.Response due by 10/19/2015. (Attachments: # (1) Appendix)(Hudson, David)

Cubs are on the verge of winning the WS. Govts lawyers want to bury the fact that they had a copy of "Grays Sports Almanac 85-15"

Sorry. Didn't understand what you said. Could you please explain a bit?

Sorry. Didn't understand what you said. Could you please explain a bit?

It's a Back to the Future Part 2 reference. http://backtothefuture.wikia.com/wiki/Grays_Sports_Almanac

Delaware schedule granted by Sleet:

http://gselinks.com/Court_Filings/Jacobs_Hindes/15-00708-0014.pdf

Steele wants to get the ball rolling on this. Must think this one is tagged already.

Defendants motions to dismiss and their opening briefs in support shall be due on or before November 13 2015;

Plaintiffs Response

Plaintiffs' answering briefs shall be due on or before January 16, 2016;

Defendants Response to plaintiffs response

Defendants reply briefs shall be due on or before February 16, 2016;

It even stipulates the number of pages the breifs should be.........I guess i was wrong in saying this case wouldn't be started until next spring.

On Bloomberg about a half hour ago, Ackman referred to a research report making the rounds today re the GSEs. See below from the TimHoward717 website.

Political Alpha

U.S.: White House Looking into Ending GSE Conservatorship

October 5, 2015

Multiple sources have confirmed that the White House has reached out to the housing finance community to better understand its options on what to do with the GSEs after conservatorship. As we told you in our 9/14 note, “U.S.: Congressional Outlook for Finance and Tax,” with no chance for comprehensive GSE reform before 2017, the Administration is working behind the scenes to develop an endgame before President Obama leaves office. This could have major implications for the GSEs capital structure.

It’s All about Affordable Housing

With GSE reform stalled, we’ve been told that the Administration is afraid of what will happen to the affordable housing mandate should a Republican take office in 2017. Their fear is that a new Republican president could simply wind down the GSEs and kill the affordable housing mandate if the GSEs were to remain in conservatorship. Therefore, the White House wants to better understand its options as it looks to preserve the affordable housing mandate into the next Administration. Moreover, the Administration is also trying to front-run any resolution to the current litigation so they can better control the outcome.

Retaining Capital

To maintain the affordable housing mandate, the Administration is looking at options to ensure that Fannie and Freddie are viable companies after being released from government control. While the discussions are just beginning, one of the options seriously being discussed is the possibility of recapping the GSEs.

Most importantly, terminating conservatorship would end the GSE profit sweep under the preferred stock purchase agreements. This will allow Fannie and Freddie to retain its own capital once again.

Bottom Line

The Administration is in the very early stages of looking at various options to end the GSEs conservatorship. This is a major shift in thinking as it would entail ending the GSE profit sweep allowing Fannie and Freddie to begin to retain capital. While we have been told the Administration is not close to deciding how to proceed, the initial announcement of the White House’s intent would clearly be beneficial to the entire capital structure of the GSEs.

This message is intended only for the personal and confidential use of the designated recipient(s) named above. If you are not the intended recipient of this message you are hereby notified that any review, dissemination, distribution or copying of this message is strictly prohibited. Reproduction or editing by any means, in whole or in part, or any other unauthorized use, disclosure or redistribution of the contents without our express written permission is strictly prohibited. This communication is for information purposes only and should not be regarded as an offer to sell or as a solicitation of an offer to buy any financial product, an official confirmation of any transaction, or as an official statement of this organization. Email transmission cannot be guaranteed to be secure or error-free. Sources for the information herein are believed to be reliable but we do not guarantee that this information is complete, timely or accurate and it should not be relied upon as such. Political Alpha undertakes no obligation to provide you with any additional or supplemental information or any update to or correction of the information contained herein and shall not be liable for any loss or damages resulting from the use of the information contained in the report, or for errors of transmission of information, or for any third party claims of any nature including claims for your reliance upon this material. All information is subject to change without notice.

Contact Information

Andrew Taylor

Director of Research

Direct: 202-393-1993

Email: ataylor@politicalalpha.com

On Bloomberg about a half hour ago, Ackman referred to a research report making the rounds today re the GSEs. See below from the TimHoward717 website.

Political Alpha

U.S.: White House Looking into Ending GSE Conservatorship

October 5, 2015

Multiple sources have confirmed that the White House has reached out to the housing finance community to better understand its options on what to do with the GSEs after conservatorship. As we told you in our 9/14 note, “U.S.: Congressional Outlook for Finance and Tax,” with no chance for comprehensive GSE reform before 2017, the Administration is working behind the scenes to develop an endgame before President Obama leaves office. This could have major implications for the GSEs capital structure.

It’s All about Affordable Housing

With GSE reform stalled, we’ve been told that the Administration is afraid of what will happen to the affordable housing mandate should a Republican take office in 2017. Their fear is that a new Republican president could simply wind down the GSEs and kill the affordable housing mandate if the GSEs were to remain in conservatorship. Therefore, the White House wants to better understand its options as it looks to preserve the affordable housing mandate into the next Administration. Moreover, the Administration is also trying to front-run any resolution to the current litigation so they can better control the outcome.

Retaining Capital

To maintain the affordable housing mandate, the Administration is looking at options to ensure that Fannie and Freddie are viable companies after being released from government control. While the discussions are just beginning, one of the options seriously being discussed is the possibility of recapping the GSEs.

Most importantly, terminating conservatorship would end the GSE profit sweep under the preferred stock purchase agreements. This will allow Fannie and Freddie to retain its own capital once again.

Bottom Line

The Administration is in the very early stages of looking at various options to end the GSEs conservatorship. This is a major shift in thinking as it would entail ending the GSE profit sweep allowing Fannie and Freddie to begin to retain capital. While we have been told the Administration is not close to deciding how to proceed, the initial announcement of the White House’s intent would clearly be beneficial to the entire capital structure of the GSEs.

This message is intended only for the personal and confidential use of the designated recipient(s) named above. If you are not the intended recipient of this message you are hereby notified that any review, dissemination, distribution or copying of this message is strictly prohibited. Reproduction or editing by any means, in whole or in part, or any other unauthorized use, disclosure or redistribution of the contents without our express written permission is strictly prohibited. This communication is for information purposes only and should not be regarded as an offer to sell or as a solicitation of an offer to buy any financial product, an official confirmation of any transaction, or as an official statement of this organization. Email transmission cannot be guaranteed to be secure or error-free. Sources for the information herein are believed to be reliable but we do not guarantee that this information is complete, timely or accurate and it should not be relied upon as such. Political Alpha undertakes no obligation to provide you with any additional or supplemental information or any update to or correction of the information contained herein and shall not be liable for any loss or damages resulting from the use of the information contained in the report, or for errors of transmission of information, or for any third party claims of any nature including claims for your reliance upon this material. All information is subject to change without notice.

Contact Information

Andrew Taylor

Director of Research

Direct: 202-393-1993

Email: ataylor@politicalalpha.com

Woot!

Why Nothing Much Will Change For Fannie and Freddie Anytime Soon

"In short, the conservatorships of Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac aren’t going away anytime soon"

http://blogs.wsj.com/moneybeat/2015/10/06/why-nothing-much-will-change-for-fannie-and-freddie-anytime-soon/

What I love about Carney is how honest and unbiased he is in his articles. Always reporting both sides of the story.  Quality journalism in its purest form.

Corker on CNBC today. Corkers brain is inept. Go back to TN.

http://video.cnbc.com/gallery/?video=3000429727

Side note: Santelli chain smokes like no ones businsess....dont know why i decided to share that. Nothing against him. Its just amazing in a time when virtually no one does anymore.

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/sen-bob-corker-says-investors-should-short-fannie-and-freddie-2015-10-07?siteid=yhoof2