FNMA and FMCC preferreds. In search of the elusive 10 bagger.

twacowfca

Looks like Moelis was active today and ACG Analytics was there..

https://twitter.com/ACGAnalytics/status/1097911134236102656

Any answers on NWS continuing vs ending, and the timing of such action, if any?

Bedtime in DC. #NWS to end as part of new negotiated Amendment in 4th quarter

Question on GSE's... are you hearing the plan being released Labor Day week is positive, negative, or neutral for preferred shareholders?

#Presidentisl #Mortgage Memo has two parts. #FHA and #GSEa.  They wll have answers to publicly disclosed questions based on what can Admin do alone and do they need Congress for. All positive.

ACG video from earlier this year if you haven't seen it already: https://www.realvision.com/tv/shows/trade-ideas/videos/a-new-fannie-mae-play

Is it just me or are these guys tweeting old news?

They're confirming what we already expected via their contacts in DC, but what the market still doesn't think will happen. And ACG has contacts at FHFA:

• Replies 17.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

the woman from ACG in the real vision video was reasonably well-versed in the GSEs' investment merits

I think the ACG video could be a pump and dump scheme to support some big players to continue to unload.

I do agree with everything she said though, but I've been consistent wrong on my FA.........

What big players are there trying to unload? paulson doesn't have a big stake but he has worked with moelis on their plan so can't imagine him dumping.  Berkowitz position has been public and been steady only in preferred.  Ackman owns 10% of the commons so basically he can't unload without massive price declines and in his latest report indicates he's still confident in the position.  The volume in the preferred are so low even an average joe could be a single day player.  Lets be honest, nobody running a billion dollar portfolio is doing anything with their fannie and freddie shares till there's REAL news.  They don't make decisions on day to day noise. 

the woman from ACG in the real vision video was reasonably well-versed in the GSEs' investment merits

I think the ACG video could be a pump and dump scheme to support some big players to continue to unload.

I do agree with everything she said though, but I've been consistent wrong on my FA.........

.  The "big players" have been in it since the beginning and show no signs of getting out without a resolution. 

Guest cherzeca

@1984

since GSE securities are not required to be disclosed in 13F filings, you are dead wrong to make any assumptions about who owns what based upon public filings.  only a public mutual fund and closed end fund like fairholme and Pershing, respectively, need to disclose.

ergo the two biggest players

@1984

since GSE securities are not required to be disclosed in 13F filings, you are dead wrong to make any assumptions about who owns what based upon public filings.  only a public mutual fund and closed end fund like fairholme and Pershing, respectively, need to disclose.

What big players are there trying to unload? paulson doesn't have a big stake but he has worked with moelis on their plan so can't imagine him dumping.  Berkowitz position has been public and been steady only in preferred.  Ackman owns 10% of the commons so basically he can't unload without massive price declines and in his latest report indicates he's still confident in the position.  The volume in the preferred are so low even an average joe could be a single day player.  Lets be honest, nobody running a billion dollar portfolio is doing anything with their fannie and freddie shares till there's REAL news.  They don't make decisions on day to day noise. 

.  The "big players" have been in it since the beginning and show no signs of getting out without a resolution.

I don't care who exactly it is. I trust my chart reading skills and it tells me big players are unloading.

And for those waiting for the September treasury plan, I have to ask you this: Do you think there is still some opportunity for information arbitrary? Isn't it already well known that Treasury will have a plan released in early September, and it is supposed to be good?

I don't care who exactly it is. I trust my chart reading skills and it tells me big players are unloading.

And for those waiting for the September treasury plan, I have to ask you this: Do you think there is still some opportunity for information arbitrary? Isn't it already well known that Treasury will have a plan released in early September, and it is supposed to be good?

There is nothing in the charts to suggest "big players" are unloading. The volume the last couple of months outside of a couple of days would not let a big player out without crashing the price even in the most liquid FNMAS. That statement is twaddle.

Again this is not a FA or chart "trade".  The keys are Treasury plan, FHFA capital standards, 4th Amendment/NWS then recap.  Each along the way may bump % of par value but final value will likely be realized in the days following the recap plan release.

Didnt we already go over this?....and what big player would be unloading right before the fireworks go off? That's ridiculous IMO.  For better or worse if you have made the decision to invest in this why would you get out right before the most anticipated 3-6 months in this whole saga?

Recap plan realizes ultimate value for both common and preferred. Until then these are claim tickets. Biggest risk of this outcome is how long takes. The ups and downs in the meantime are entertainment.

Sure there is some opportunity for information arbitrage, unless there is a plan circulating no one is aware of?

What exactly in your charts suggest that big players are unloading? That's just your opinion with no fact based evidence.  There were two days where I was the sole volume on FMCCL over the past 2 weeks. I'm an average joe. Preferred are NOT liquid enough for someone betting hundreds of millions to get out on a stupid tweet. As far as i know berkowitz is the biggest preferred shareholder.  Ackman is the biggest common holder and he has made it clear he's still in it in addition to new position in preferred.  So aside from those two whales who is big? The two biggest volume days in fnmas were the lows of the most recent selloff and we're 10% up from there. Ackman in his semi report stated nothing has suggested any change to the adminstrations direction for the GSE.

My sense is MM you want the selloff to either prove you're right about your TA or to get back in since you seem to want lower prices to feel comfortable holding again.

There is nothing in the charts to suggest "big players" are unloading. The volume the last couple of months outside of a couple of days would not let a big player out without crashing the price even in the most liquid FNMAS. That statement is twaddle.

Again this is not a FA or chart "trade".  The keys are Treasury plan, FHFA capital standards, 4th Amendment/NWS then recap.  Each along the way may bump % of par value but final value will likely be realized in the days following the recap plan release.

Didnt we already go over this?....and what big player would be unloading right before the fireworks go off? That's ridiculous IMO.  For better or worse if you have made the decision to invest in this why would you get out right before the most anticipated 3-6 months in this whole saga?

Recap plan realizes ultimate value for both common and preferred. Until then these are claim tickets. Biggest risk of this outcome is how long takes. The ups and downs in the meantime are entertainment.

Sure there is some opportunity for information arbitrage, unless there is a plan circulating no one is aware of?

infornation arb means some info you know but most others don’t know. This does not seem to apply here as I assume pretty much every single preferred holder is saying expecting the treasury plan in early September.

Guest cherzeca

@1984

fairholme and pershing are not the two biggest players in the junior prefs.

What exactly in your charts suggest that big players are unloading? That's just your opinion with no fact based evidence.  There were two days where I was the sole volume on FMCCL over the past 2 weeks. I'm an average joe. Preferred are NOT liquid enough for someone betting hundreds of millions to get out on a stupid tweet. As far as i know berkowitz is the biggest preferred shareholder.  Ackman is the biggest common holder and he has made it clear he's still in it in addition to new position in preferred.  So aside from those two whales who is big? The two biggest volume days in fnmas were the lows of the most recent selloff and we're 10% up from there. Ackman in his semi report stated nothing has suggested any change to the adminstrations direction for the GSE.

My sense is MM you want the selloff to either prove you're right about your TA or to get back in since you seem to want lower prices to feel comfortable holding again.

No I’ve been doing this long enough that I am no longer an ego driven investor who constantly need to prove to other people that I am right. And no, i am not hoping the stock would go lower so I can buy low. I am a momo trader who will only buy if the stock already goes up.

No I’ve been doing this long enough that I am no longer an ego driven investor who constantly need to prove to other people that I am right. And no, i am not hoping the stock would go lower so I can buy low. I am a momo trader who will only buy if the stock already goes up.

Well I have been doing this a long time and I think the charts are saying big players are loading up? Where does that get us? Its all nonsense and you know that too.

@1984

fairholme and perusing are not the two biggest players in the junior prefs.

Im not connected enough to tell you who is but I have a suspicion there are many hedge funds/family offices that have interest in the trade that many are not readily aware of due to fund size or disclosure requirements. This is 10 years in the making and almost 3 years since Mnuchin said it was a priority. This is the most well known trade that no one has heard of.

I look at 200 charts a day, so that’s how I get a feel of how things may play out.

I agree with what you said “what bigger players would be selling right before a immediate huge catalyst”? That’s true, but the charts show they are selling. So could it be possible that they are smarter than us and they now expect something not as bullish as you and me are expecting?

Big players don’t use a market order to get out with one click of a mouse. If you don’t understand how big players get in and out of a position, you may call TD AM’s institutional desk and ask them how to trade large quantities. I didn’t know anything like this until I called them for fun one day and then started to understand why sometimes charts show certain patterns.

I look at 200 charts a day, so that’s how I get a feel of how things may play out.

I agree with what you said “what bigger players would be selling right before a immediate huge catalyst”? That’s true, but the charts show they are selling. So could it be possible that they are smarter than us and they now expect something not as bullish as you and me are expecting?

Big players don’t use a market order to get out with one click of a mouse. If you don’t understand how big players get in and out of a position, you may call TD AM’s institutional desk and ask them how to trade large quantities. I didn’t know anything like this until I called them for fun one day and then started to understand why sometimes charts show certain patterns.

That's interesting - can you elaborate? What do they do and how does that turn up in a chart? I would've thought that if the volume isn't there, then there's not much they can, unless it's off market transactions (but then they would not be in your charts? And why would someone take the other side in size off market if the big players know something?)

Thank you!

It could be 200 charts or 1 chart if the volume isn't there then the volume isn't there.  Different variations of the charts won't show any different in the total volume. The only way a BIG player is unloading is if there is volume in the markets.  What besides that can suggest someone is unloading alot of shares in the market?  Ackman owns about $250mil of commons in each of fnma and fmcc ($500mil total).  The average volume over the past 2 weeks has been about 2mil shares for fnma and less for fmcc.  That's $4mil in capital per day.  That would take ackman 2 months to be out if he's the ONLY seller.  Charts or no charts that's basic math.  Now apply that however which way you want with any of the other preferred and if you're assuming there are bigger players and the answer will be the same.  The total capital flow is tiny.  I don't want to beat a dead horse so i'll leave it at that.

That's interesting - can you elaborate? What do they do and how does that turn up in a chart? I would've thought that if the volume isn't there, then there's not much they can, unless it's off market transactions (but then they would not be in your charts? And why would someone take the other side in size off market if the big players know something?)

Thank you!

What cracks me up is that in any given transaction there is a seller and a buyer. If all of the big institutional players were selling, there would have to be other players buying, presumably just as large. Movement in a stock price doesn’t reflect massive selling or buying per se, just a difference in opinion as to that security’s value. Muscleman needs to go work out with Gasparino and post selfies with a fanny pack on.

For starters, Appaloosa has admitted having a large position spread throughout various securities here.

Second, this thread is turning into a laughable shitshow of voodoo talk.

Agreed. Muscleman, it ain’t the fact that you’re wrong or right on charts, it’s that you consistently take a certain type of inassailable sideline position that just nags at people “because you don’t do that anymore”. Also, naming certain ‘big things’ in a vague way without explaining your point, just to make yourself sound knowledgeable, that shit just doesn’t help.

The fact is, no one knows how the politicking is really taking place. There is voodoo and there are signs. There is the AIG analogy. A Moelis plan. Court cases. Some comments by officials are useful, most are not. Tim Howard has the facts. But all of us, including Tim, are either waiting for the biggest recap in history and/or trading on some stuff we see. Journos making our market are laughing their asses all the way to the bank each and every single time they once again succeed in dumping or pumping our securities.

Guest cherzeca

holdership of GSE securities is largely a matter of self-disclosure, as in the latest regarding Kyle Bass. no one knows how much Paulson owns, for example. GSE securities are not required to be disclosed.  the more one posits that some big holders are selling, the more one calls into question one's own reliability. 

Guest cherzeca

Cherzeca- are oral arguments in the court of federal claims scheduled to begin shortly? Is there a date set?

Thank you

I just checked the docket and I saw no order from Sweeney setting any date for oral arg.  it appears she will decide motion to dismiss based upon papers