FNMA and FMCC preferreds. In search of the elusive 10 bagger.

twacowfca

"As I mentioned, the company is permitted to retain only a small capital reserve from retained

earnings. In 2014, that number was $2.4 billion for each quarter. In 2015, that amount is $1.8

billion and that amount declines each year thereafter until it reaches zero in 2018. The natural

consequence of this is that, because we will have an ever smaller cushion to absorb losses, the

possibility of our needing to take a draw from Treasury increases over time."

heh......return the money back to f&f and they wont need tax payer support.

• Replies 17.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

timhoward717.com

The site suddenly closed to public. Is it forced to do so? I think it is a sign that the politicians are getting increasingly uncomfortable with what has been disclosed and exposed about their lies. They kept silence for a while and finally started attacking back by that treasury announcement.

back on wordpress

https://th717.wordpress.com/

The url has changed. What happened? Did some politician hire some hacker to shut down his site and then he has to reboot it with a new URL?

LOL

Just to let you guys know, I asked in the blog. The original http://timhoward717.com/ was taken down for "a serious of issues." It is now back up.

The new site https://th717.wordpress.com/ was created by someone else who thought he needs to carry on the march forward. It has nothing to do with Tim Howard.

Now that the original site is back up, the new site is still updating. It is kind of funny.

http://seekingalpha.com/article/3011556-fannie-and-freddie-political-winds-shift-in-favor-of-retaining-earnings

It seems to me that winding down of capital to 0% by 2018 is actually a good thing for us. This puts a timeline on when we can expect some action. Congress will be pressured to act by then to reform giving us greater clarity for the future of these two companies. It looks like waves are already being made so we can expect increasing clarity on their future going forward.

Of course, this is unrelated to the net worth sweep that has occurred previously and we'll still have to wait for the courts to decide on that, but this seems to be moving along - albeit slowly.

Dick Bove - Another Fannie Freddie bailout? No way

http://www.cnbc.com/id/102527113

"To be honest, I am having a great deal of difficulty in determining what is going on. Here's why: In 2012, the government put in place a program that would wipe out Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac by depleting the capital of both companies by 2018 – i.e., taking capital down to zero. And the government is doing just that. I would like everyone to repeat this 100 times. The government is putting Fannie and Freddie out of business because it wants to do this. More specifically, the Treasury and the FHFA are executing the program, unfailingly -- not even deviating from it in the fourth quarter of 2014, when the companies recorded unrealized losses on derivatives. As a result, the equity of both companies has plummeted."

My takeaway: "The only ones panicking over the bailout issue are the press and shareholders in these companies. Possibly they should stop and think before they act."

In other words, don't panic and don't listen to the press. I think Fairholme puts it something like "Ignore the Crowd."

This should be interesting.

1:13-cv-00465-MMS – Doc. 139 – 3/23/15 – JOINT STATUS REPORT REGARDING MARCH 25 STATUS CONFERENCE –

In accordance with this Court’s Order of August 13, 2014 (Doc. 85), the parties hereby notify the Court that they believe that it should hold a status conference to discuss Plaintiffs’ decision to move forward with depositions of Government witnesses before the Government has completed its production of documents. Plaintiffs’ counsel have scheduling conflicts and are unavailable on March 25. Accordingly, the parties propose that a status conference be held, subject to the Court’s availability, during the afternoon of Thursday, March 26, or at 10am or at 2pm or later on Friday, March 27. The parties are also available for a status conference on Tuesday, March 31, but the Government would prefer that the status conference be held this week if the Court is available.

Sadly, I'm traveling this week. Anyone else willing to take notes?

Luck be a lady tonight...

The parties in the above-captioned case have filed a joint status report requesting a status conference with respect to issues outlined therein. The court is unavailable to conduct a status conference at the times proposed by the parties, with the exception of March 31, 2015. Accordingly, a status conference shall be held on Tuesday, March 31, 2015 at 11:00 a.m. EST at the Howard T. Markey National Courts Building, located at 717 W. Madison Pl., NW, Washington, D.C., 20439.

Since I'll be back in DC by then, I'll report back what I hear.

The parties in the above-captioned case have filed a joint status report requesting a status conference with respect to issues outlined therein. The court is unavailable to conduct a status conference at the times proposed by the parties, with the exception of March 31, 2015. Accordingly, a status conference shall be held on Tuesday, March 31, 2015 at 11:00 a.m. EST at the Howard T. Markey National Courts Building, located at 717 W. Madison Pl., NW, Washington, D.C., 20439.

Thanks in advance merkhet, looking forward to it!

Thank you! :)