Large house

Charlie

On 1/18/2024 at 2:50 PM, rkbabang said:

I have to admit I've never gotten the expensive watch thing.  I've always worn a $50-$75 watch and they have always told good time, lasted for years, and looked fine.  Now I have an Apple Watch and it tells time and does some other stuff too which is why I'm willing to spend more than I ever have for a watch before.   But even though I consider them expensive, I can buy a New Apple watch every 5 years for the rest of my life and not spend what people spend on these other watches that do nothing but tell time.  People have tried to explain this to me before, but I don't think I'll ever get it.

I think about them like a heirloom of sorts. My Dad wears a Tudor that he got from his Dad in his will. I’ll probably get it one day as well. 

Purely mechanical devices are just interesting and can last a very long time. Sometimes analog is just better. I got my Nomos when my son was born this last year. Plan to give it to him down the line.  Prior to this I wore a cheap Casio…still wear it for house work etc. 

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, Castanza said:

I think about them like a heirloom of sorts. My Dad wears a Tudor that he got from his Dad in his will. I’ll probably get it one day as well. 

Purely mechanical devices are just interesting and can last a very long time. Sometimes analog is just better. I got my Nomos when my son was born this last year. Plan to give it to him down the line.  Prior to this I wore a cheap Casio…still wear it for house work etc. 

I guess I just want to know what time it is.  And now that I have a smart watch I want to know who's calling or messaging me without needing to take out my phone.  I never really thought of them in any other way.   My Dad was way to poor to afford a good watch, so I never had the family heirloom sort of thing.  I've always tended to buy a $50 watch and wear it everyday even to work around the house or yard.  When it gets scratched up too badly (5 years or so) I buy another one.  Now I like the Apple watch with an aftermarket case on it.  I scratch those cases all to hell, then replace the case while the watch is fine.