Berkshire Hathaway Annual Meeting 2024

Hey,

Who will be around in Omaha? I am planning to go again!

To support your travel, I made a helpful guide for everyone who wants to visit the Berkshire Meeting. It helps a ton with planning and FAQs.

This video should also be fun to watch:

Happy Berkshire Meeting 2024!

• 2 months later...

It's great to have all the side events in one place so you can plan your trip well. 

I enjoyed going the previous two years but I don't know if I can make it this year. The money for the Dilly Bars sold downstairs are going to charity so if I'm not there please eat two or three on my behalf. Take one for the team!

Article in today's WSJ about the impact of the Key Bridge tragedy on the reinsurance industry: https://www.wsj.com/finance/baltimore-bridge-collapse-could-fuel-reinsurance-pricing-e2db34fc?reflink=desktopwebshare_permalink

I hope to hear Mr Buffett's and Mr Jain's views about 1) Berkshire's likely exposure to the tragedy in Baltimore, 2) their thoughts on the likely impact of this incident on the reinsurance industry as a whole, and 3) whether they anticipate any specific challenges/opportunities for Berkshire going forward.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/26/2024 at 3:22 PM, SI2020 said:

Anyone have any thoughts on the Trupanion event? You can register for the event on their site.  

https://investors.trupanion.com/news/events/event-details/2024/Annual-Investor-QA-in-Omaha-2024-f_Dz77QGtM/default.aspx

Think it's worth going to. I've spent quite a bit of time around management, and have also gotten to know some of their employees as well. I sold most of my position a few years ago but overall their product is very good. My dog, Peanut is covered under Trupanion. I'll probably be at the Q&A again this year. There's a few shorts that have done covered the company quite extensively on Twitter, I'd encourage you to read their work as well in case you wanted to ask some questions about some of those points at the meeting. Happy to chat more in person if you'll be there.

Best,

Eric

Side note . . . 

Having trouble with my brokers getting physical copies of AR and meeting materials.  I own BRK through Vanguard and Schwab and both have refused to mail me a physical copy of the AR.  Who here still receives the physical AR, and who is your broker?  Also, if you have an extra one lying around, would you be willing to share? 

TIA

zarley

On 4/23/2024 at 11:00 PM, gfp said:

We will - our memories will - sort this garbage out, suppress, compress and delete this part of a nice day. True and cardholding Berkaholics have proper countermeasures installed in case of such events.

- - - o 0 o - - -

Especially for those of you who have chosen to attend physically, I wish you an awesome time in Omaha!

7 hours ago, zarley said:

Side note . . . 

Having trouble with my brokers getting physical copies of AR and meeting materials.  I own BRK through Vanguard and Schwab and both have refused to mail me a physical copy of the AR.  Who here still receives the physical AR, and who is your broker?  Also, if you have an extra one lying around, would you be willing to share? 

TIA

zarley

You do this through your proxy vote app.  There is an option to request physical copies of the Annual Report.  

2 hours ago, pullseeknee said:

You do this through your proxy vote app.  There is an option to request physical copies of the Annual Report.  

Interesting.  I don't use an app -- I'm an old fogey who goes through proxyvote.com.  Fortunately, there is a prompt there to request printed materials.  We'll see if it sticks.  Thanks for the suggestion.  

11 hours ago, zarley said:

Interesting.  I don't use an app -- I'm an old fogey who goes through proxyvote.com.  Fortunately, there is a prompt there to request printed materials.  We'll see if it sticks.  Thanks for the suggestion.  

Many years ago, I had set the prompt for printed materials no proxyvote, and it has stuck so far 🙂

BERKSHIRE HATHAWAY INC.

Information Regarding First Quarter Earnings Release and

2024 Annual Shareholders Meeting

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE May 1, 2024

Omaha, NE (BRK.A; BRK.B) – Berkshire Hathaway Inc.’s first quarter earnings release and its quarterly report on Form 10-Q will be posted on the Internet on Saturday, May 4, 2024, at approximately 7:00 a.m. Central time where it can be accessed at www.berkshirehathaway.com.

Berkshire Hathaway will hold its 2024 Annual Shareholders Meeting on Saturday May 4, 2024. Prior to the Annual Shareholders Meeting, Warren Buffett, Berkshire’s Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, Greg Abel, Vice Chairman Non-Insurance Operations and Ajit Jain, Vice Chairman Insurance Operations, will hold a question-and-answer session that will commence at approximately 9:15 a.m. Central time. The question-and-answer session will be broadcast on CNBC and webcast on CNBC.com. The broadcast on CNBC and webcast will begin at 8:30 a.m. Central time and at 8:45 a.m. will feature Berkshire’s Annual Meeting movie. In prior years the Annual Meeting movie was only seen by those in attendance at the meeting in Omaha. Visit www.cnbc.com/brklive.

About Berkshire

Berkshire Hathaway and its subsidiaries engage in diverse business activities including insurance and reinsurance, freight rail transportation, utilities and energy, manufacturing services and retailing. Common stock of the company is listed on the New York Stock Exchange, trading symbols BRK.A and BRK.B.

Cautionary Statement

Certain statements contained in this press release are “forward looking” statements within the meaning of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. Berkshire assumes no obligation and does not intend to update these forward-looking statements.

— END —

Contact Marc D. Hamburg 402-346-1400