General Motors Historical Annual Reports

Krapdivad

Does anyone know how to get historical annual reports for GM? 

Mohnish Pabrai mentions that Charlie Munger had been interested in obtaining 100 years of annual reports for GM beginning from when it went public in 1916. Munger mentions using Value Line graphs to help teach a class on GM and its history. 

Mohnish was able to find these annual reports through some students at Boston University who put them on Dropbox. 

I tried to use Mergeant archives at my library to search old annual reports for GM, but they stop at 2009 because that's when the company came out of bankruptcy as a new entity. 

Does anyone have access to these pdfs?

https://buffett.cnbc.com/video/2011/04/30/munger-on-using-company-histories-to-teach-finance.html

I have trouble finding older annual reports from GM as well. The Boston Public library has access to Mergent database which also has archived annual reports. Like Lockheed aircraft company from 1958. But no dice with GM. Perhaps there is an angle I am missing. I also love going through old annual reports.

IMG_1095.jpeg

Lockheed 1958.pdf

Edited by Spekulatius

That's strange. I would expect for sure that Mergent Archives would have GM annual reports. The search engine is known to be kind of finicky when it comes to displaying results so you sometimes have to attack the problem in a different way with different tags to search. Barring that you might reach out to Mergent directly or have a librarian do it on your behalf, these are big customers for the company so they'll be incentivized to hopefully respond if you go through the librarians.