Q2 2021

Parsad

3 hours ago, Xerxes said:

Not totally clear to me. My read is that the regulators in India have to push the limit to 75% for foreigners (which may or may not include FFH - it is not clear).

If it does include FFH, than there would have to be cash outlay by FFH at a higher valuation, pushing up their cost basis. If it doesn't include FFH, than they get diluted.

I just hope the whole 75% increase ownership hurdle, is not a repeat of Pershing/SEC/Universal/Ackman fiasco, causing FFH to go backward on something that stated to be "done deal" on the conference call.

--------------------

On Blackberry

i knew it !!! at least someone on the call push for it and asked the right question.

The quarter had enough goodies in it, to offset lack of positive news on BB. Even the "Rude Gentleman" from Q1 2021, did not show up.

He was probably happy,

It was Alan Parsow who asked the question.  His family has known Buffett for decades...Buffett used to buy his suits from Alan's dad at their store.  Alan has also known Prem for a long time.  So he asked what all shareholders wanted to know! 

I don't know who that guy from the Q1 call was, but he was an ass!  Cheers!

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

On 7/29/2021 at 6:26 PM, petec said:

Agree. Not inconceivable Eurobank pays a mid teens dividend from 2023 onwards.

From the most recent earnings call:

"Finally, importantly, as latest NPEs are behind us and the bank has started generating strong organic capital, all necessary preconditions are in place to initiate the supervisory dialogue on dividends distribution."

And later in the Q&A

And last but not least, even this year, the bank will be able to arrange organic capital in a material way, this trend will accelerate further in 2022. So, taking into account all these facts together with the fact that NPE cleanup is behind us, we feel that all the necessary preconditions are in place to initiate this supervisory dialogue on dividends.

Now, on your question on when we should do it, I think the most appropriate time is when we announced our full year 2021 financial results in the beginning of next year, when we will be able to show in place and in our numbers everything I have just mentioned. And that would be the best time for us to start this dialogue for -- with the regulator, so in the beginning of 2020.

• 1 month later...