Trump wants to cancel Air Force One order from Boeing

John Hjorth

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OMG! What an evil monster!  The world will have access to more energy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  We're all going to die!!!!!

Yeah, totally!  Why would anyone care about desertification?  Food isn't nearly as important as being able to drive monster trucks really cheaply!

http://www.wmo.int/pages/prog/wcp/agm/publications/documents/wmo_cc_desertif_foldout_en.pdf

OMG! What an evil monster!  The world will have access to more energy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  We're all going to die!!!!!

Oil is already very cheap

You ignore potential environmental externalities

This will delay investment into less-invasive energy production, especially solar energy

Looks like we want to help China secure an alternate source that doesn't rely on ocean transport.

Is this a stick we'll use to threaten the Saudis which we'll eventually try to hide behind our backs (maybe I'm trying too hard & it's just a naked grab at cash...)

Or maybe it's really an altruistic attempt to build good relations with Russia & China & at the same time keep the ME down (can that be considered altruistic?)

Someone needs to sort out my insanitideas...

This will delay investment into less-invasive energy production, especially solar energy

Companies investing in solar energy research will stop if Exxon Mobil continues to explore for oil? Musk is going to throw up his hands and shut down Solarcity, throw a gas engine in the Model S, and convert all his super charger stations to Mobile stations?

The price of solar has been reduced massively in the last few years (I think I read somewhere the price has dropped 80% in the last 6 years).  If the price keeps coming down at that rate, or even a quarter of that rate, solar will do just fine without stopping XOM from looking for oil.

Companies investing in solar energy research will stop if Exxon Mobil continues to explore for oil? Musk is going to throw up his hands and shut down Solarcity, throw a gas engine in the Model S, and convert all his super charger stations to Mobile stations?

The price of solar has been reduced massively in the last few years (I think I read somewhere the price has dropped 80% in the last 6 years).  If the price keeps coming down at that rate, or even a quarter of that rate, solar will do just fine without stopping XOM from looking for oil.

PV is now close to the cost of coal, still more expensive than natural gas. But it probably won't be long before PV is cheaper than gas.

Power_Plant_Costs.tiff

Price_history_of_PV.tiff