If American - which presidential candidate will you vote for? (Oct. Edition)

rkbabang
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The Chicago Tribune:

Democrats should ask Hillary Clinton to step aside

"It's obvious the American political system is breaking down. It's been crumbling for some time now, and the establishment elite know it and they're properly frightened. Donald Trump, the vulgarian at their gates, is a symptom, not a cause. Hillary Clinton and husband Bill are both cause and effect."

You know I've about had it with this elites bullshit.

The presidency is a titular office, one person. Trump is running for it on the R ticket. So people can say, oh he's against the system, against the elites, I'll vote for him, down with the elites. But the presidency is a titular office, the elites are a power structure, the Senate and the House is where the elected elites lie. If these people are serious about taking down the elites they should vote them down.

I'm willing to give people the benefit of the doubt that they want to take down the elites and that's why they're voting Trump. But if they're willing to take down the elites, what should we also see? We should see that the people that are voting Trump should vote anything other than D or R on the rest of the ticket. They should vote the cooky Libertarian candidate for Senator or the crazy Green House candidate or write in their cousin en masse. But we all know that that's not what we're going to see.

These people who bitch about the elites will vote for Trump and then down the ticket will vote for the exact elites they pretend they're revolting against. So yea, vote for whomever you want to vote for. It's your right. But please give me a break about the elites bullshit.

• Replies 504
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The Chicago Tribune:

Democrats should ask Hillary Clinton to step aside

"It's obvious the American political system is breaking down. It's been crumbling for some time now, and the establishment elite know it and they're properly frightened. Donald Trump, the vulgarian at their gates, is a symptom, not a cause. Hillary Clinton and husband Bill are both cause and effect."

The presidency is a titular office, one person. Trump is running for it on the R ticket. So people can say, oh he's against the system, against the elites, I'll vote for him, down with the elites. But the presidency is a titular office, the elites are a power structure, the Senate and the House is where the elected elites lie. If these people are serious about taking down the elites they should vote them down.

I'm willing to give people the benefit of the doubt that they want to take down the elites and that's why they're voting Trump. But if they're willing to take down the elites, what should we also see? We should see that the people that are voting Trump should vote anything other than D or R on the rest of the ticket. They should vote the cooky Libertarian candidate for Senator or the crazy Green House candidate or write in their cousin en masse. But we all know that that's not what we're going to see.

These people who bitch about the elites will vote for Trump and then down the ticket will vote for the exact elites they pretend they're revolting against. So yea, vote for whomever you want to vote for. It's your right. But please give me a break about the elites bullshit.

Unfortunately; the system seems geared so that voting independent does nothing but tilt the results toward either a D or R (and send a message of how few are displeased enough to vote for the other crackpot on the ticket; which is promptly ignored/factored in to the next campaign strategy.)

Elites bullshit is a bullshit overall. I've seen cooky populist cousins elected and they are worse than professional politicians. Pretty much every professional and successful independent that gets elected is ... guess what? ... "elite".

I find it funny that this election for some reason or another has been a referendum on politics. What the people who rail on the "mainstream", "the establishment", "career politicians" et al don't realize is that wherever there is people, there will be politics - it's unavoidable. People have some kind of idealistic, utopian view that there is some better form and they have a very mistaken view in how people and our society actually works.

I find it funny that this election for some reason or another has been a referendum on politics. What the people who rail on the "mainstream", "the establishment", "career politicians" et al don't realize is that wherever there is people, there will be politics - it's unavoidable. People have some kind of idealistic, utopian view that there is some better form and they have a very mistaken view in how people and our society actually works.

It is funny & my favorite comedians are able to take these absurd situations & the characters involved & make me snort with glee!

Discussion of these topics can get heated but we engage in them because we are lucky enough to be free to do so.

Extreme views from the left & right raise valid issues that get pulled to the center for semi-effective outcomes over time (kind of like Grahams voting & weighing analogy.)

I may despise one & tolerate the other (candidate/point of view) but wouldn't want to be in a world where people I vehemently disagree with were not allowed to express their views (how's that for idealistic & utopian?!?)

It is funny & my favorite comedians are able to take these absurd situations & the characters involved & make me snort with glee!

Discussion of these topics can get heated but we engage in them because we are lucky enough to be free to do so.

Extreme views from the left & right raise valid issues that get pulled to the center for semi-effective outcomes over time (kind of like Grahams voting & weighing analogy.)

I may despise one & tolerate the other (candidate/point of view) but wouldn't want to be in a world where people I vehemently disagree with were not allowed to express their views (how's that for idealistic & utopian?!?)

Exactly.  I have no need for people who want to hide in their safe spaces and squash speech that bothers them.  As far as being utopian or idealistic goes, look at any movement you want (abolition, women's rights, gay rights, the civil rights movement) it is always the extremists who push cultural evolution forward.  You aim for the "impossible" and at least hope to push things in the right direction.

“Extremism in defense of liberty is no vice. Moderation in pursuit of justice is no virtue.”

“Extremism in defense of liberty is no vice. Moderation in pursuit of justice is no virtue.”

Hell yeah!

You should write a song!

I know 3 chords & I think we could meet lots of chicks!!!

I'm not sure the kids are into Karl Hess.  But don't knock 3-cord songs, you can do a lot with 3 cords.

Hell yeah!

You should write a song!

I know 3 chords & I think we could meet lots of chicks!!!

I'm not sure the kids are into Karl Hess.  But don't knock 3-cord songs, you can do a lot with 3 cords.

Is that quote from the speech writer Karl Hess & was he a Sex Pistols fan?

The kids loved Bernie Sanders so I don't see a problem there.

Hey I was serious (and I actually know more than just 3 chords...)

That is from Karl Hess, Barry Goldwater said it, Karl Hess wrote it.  I'm not sure if he ever mentioned the Sex Pistols, but who doesn't like the Sex Pistols?

I used to play Bass guitar back in the day.  I can't sing to save my life though, so you're going to have to do that.

That is from Karl Hess, Barry Goldwater said it, Karl Hess wrote it.  I'm not sure if he ever mentioned the Sex Pistols, but who doesn't like the Sex Pistols?

I used to play Bass guitar back in the day.  I can't sing to save my life though, so you're going to have to do that.

Iiiiiiiiiiiiii am an anarchist (who for the most part conforms because I like my comforts...)

Maybe a little adjustment of that lyric alteration would be needed for phrasing!

Iiiiiiiiiiiiii am an anarchist (who for the most part conforms because I like my comforts...)

Maybe a little adjustment of that lyric alteration would be needed for phrasing!

This thread has finally become productive.

I, I, I am an anarchist, who for the most part conforms because I don't want to die just yet.

I, I, I am an anarchist, who for the most part conforms because I don't want to die just yet.

Which I should add is the same reason you have the state take my money from me instead of coming over my house and trying to take it yourself to fund the things you think I should be paying for.

This thread has finally become productive.

I disagree. Nothing about this thread at any point has resembled productive.

Say what you will but this is what I like about Trump. Most politicians would have coughed up the money because 1) Its not theirs 2) They don't want a bad publicity. Not Donald. He saw the charge he didn't like and now this guy has to explain. Very powerful message and these idiots at WaPo think they landed a scoop.

Not so much of a scoop. But i just find it funny because it was so predictable. I'm surprised it took this long. Trump just can't help himself. He was probably dissatisfied with the polling because he didn't rank higher.

Say what you will but this is what I like about Trump. Most politicians would have coughed up the money because 1) Its not theirs 2) They don't want a bad publicity. Not Donald. He saw the charge he didn't like and now this guy has to explain. Very powerful message and these idiots at WaPo think they landed a scoop.

If you've agreed to pay x amount for a product or service provided and then reneg on that obligation, what does that say about you?

If you've agreed to pay x amount for a product or service provided and then reneg on that obligation, what does that say about you?

If the product is defective only a fool(or someone using money that isnt theirs) would pay for it.

Which I should add is the same reason you have the state take my money from me instead of coming over my house and trying to take it yourself to fund the things you think I should be paying for.

You lost me there bro (damn we were doing so good!)

How about this one:

You become a libertarian when you realize that it is wrong to hurt people and take their stuff. You become an anarchist when you realize that there are no exceptions.

You become a libertarian when you realize that it is wrong to hurt people and take their stuff. You become an anarchist when you realize that there are no exceptions.

I agree on the Libertarian end & think that anarchy comes from governments temporarily losing control of large portions of a populace which has nothing to lose & is PO'd about it.

I've worked in West Africa (Cote d'Ivoire during the 2010 election,) the ME (nothing but the normal stuff,) Venezuela (early 90's before Chavez,) & Brasil to name a few & it seems that anyone living in a country as prosperous as us (US or Canada) who calls themselves an anarchist (I was joking in my previous post) is either a poser or looking for a recording contract...

(Disclaimer: the previous comments may contain vague & sweeping generalizations which could be construed as inflammatory depending on the leanings of the reader. The author can not be held responsible for any revolutions arising from said comments anywhere in the world.)