2015 portfolio performance

muscleman
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

He's just using the Giofranchi method. ...

What's the purpose of posting something like this? Gio is not even an active part in that particular discussion in this topic.

John,

In previous years I have always reported the overall increase in BV of my companies, simply because that’s what I am interested about and that’s what I keep track of very easily. The return from my stock market investments alone is more difficult to calculate.

I was told the BV of my companies doesn’t make sense… Therefore, this year I have not posted any result.

Just in case you care, the BV of my companies is up +4% for 2015, while the return from my stock market investments alone are in the red probably high single digit.

Cheers,

Gio

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He's just using the Giofranchi method. ...

What's the purpose of posting something like this? Gio is not even an active part in that particular discussion in this topic.

John,

In previous years I have always reported the overall increase in BV of my companies, simply because that’s what I am interested about and that’s what I keep track of very easily. The return from my stock market investments alone is more difficult to calculate.

I was told the BV of my companies doesn’t make sense… Therefore, this year I have not posted any result.

Just in case you care, the BV of my companies is up +4% for 2015, while the return from my stock market investments alone are in the red probably high single digit.

Cheers,

Gio

Hi Gio,

I do! -Thanks for the explanation and info!

Is there a 2016 return thread?  :'(

By the looks of the poll the first week of 2016 knocked out most of 2015's gains, at least for me it did. Hey, years are an arbitrary measuring stick anyways buy and hold forever right?

I was going to suggest 2016 return thread, but then thought it was too painful for most here.

Especially if you annualize the returns of last 10 days. ;)

+ 0.8% USD.

About 90 stocks.  Turned over portfolio about 20% last year, ending the year with 15% cash and approx. equity allocations:  USA 45%, Japan 12%, Korea 12%, Hong Kong 10%, Singapore/Malaysia/Australia 10%, Brazil 6%, Europe (France/Greece) 5%.