Merry Christmas & Happy Holidays Everyone!

Parsad

Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays to all board members. 2013 has been an interesting year! Looking forward to 2014.

Thank you everyone for all the good discussion, links and posts on the various threads. I'm very grateful for a resource such as this board with quality contributors. Thank you Sanjeev for running the board and holding the annual Fairfax dinner.

This is the thread each year where I give thanks to Sanjeev and the many great posters from years past. I moved to Toronto for business reasons about 12 years ago and discovered this board and Fairfax as an investment. Good advice from many others on this board, good decisions, dumb luck and time all combined over many years to put me in a good enough position financially that I was able to quit my day job and spend quality time with my young family (7 years now and counting). I have since moved back to Vancouver and in hindsight one of the greatest gifts of taking the job in Toronto was that I discovered this board and Fairfax; an example of unintended positive consequences. Thank you to Sanjeev, bsilly, cardboard and ericopoly to name just a very few; many more have helped me. I will always be very thankful. 

Thank you and have a great holiday and a prosperous new year!