Yahoo!'s all crazy today.

rkbabang

Anyone else use Yahoo portfolios to track their stocks?  It seems to be going all nuts today displaying crazy quotes being up and down at the same time, dollar amounts in the portfolio messed up.  This capture is just one example from the first stock in my list.

Yahoo.JPG.ea2a7bda75a8b2ef586f1cd4eaa74ff7.JPG

I've had problems for a couple months now where I'll pull up an individual stock quote and it displays a quote from days prior.

Additionally, I'm getting increasingly frustrated with Y! Finance for other reasons.  The site used to be great, and then 2 or 3 years ago they changed the format.  There is a lot less relevant information available directly on the homepage now.  There are more article links and less data.  Additionally, I find the article links becoming more and more political and left-leaning (I am right leaning, so this is annoying, but I would prefer an apolitical website).  I wish they'd remove all of the garbage commentary, polls, political headlines, self-help articles etc. and revert back to being a business/investing oriented homepage. 

Its too bad there is no good alternative.  They took a clear market leader and made it worse, and nobody has stepped up to make a better product yet.  That said, I still have Y! Finance as my home page today.

I've had problems for a couple months now where I'll pull up an individual stock quote and it displays a quote from days prior.

Additionally, I'm getting increasingly frustrated with Y! Finance for other reasons.  The sight used to be great, and then 2 or 3 years ago they changed the format.  There is a lot less relevant information available directly on the homepage now.  There are more article links and less data.  Additionally, I find the article links becoming more and more political and left-leaning (I am right leaning, so this is annoying, but I would prefer an apolitical website).  I wish they'd remove all of the garbage commentary, polls, political headlines, self-help articles etc. and revert back to being a business/investing oriented homepage. 

Its too bad there is no good alternative.  They took a clear market leader and made it worse, and nobody has stepped up to make a better product yet.  That said, I still have Y! Finance as my home page today.

This is my experience as well. Seems like the site has fallen a lot in quality in the 4 years I have been using, but there is no better alternative.

Additionally, I'm getting increasingly frustrated with Y! Finance for other reasons.  The sight used to be great, and then 2 or 3 years ago they changed the format.  There is a lot less relevant information available directly on the homepage now.  There are more article links and less data.  Additionally, I find the article links becoming more and more political and left-leaning (I am right leaning, so this is annoying, but I would prefer an apolitical website).  I wish they'd remove all of the garbage commentary, polls, political headlines, self-help articles etc. and revert back to being a business/investing oriented homepage. 

This is my experience as well. Seems like the site has fallen a lot in quality in the 4 years I have been using, but there is no better alternative.

+1 and +1.  I wish google would do something more in this area.

+1 and +1.  I wish google would do something more in this area.

Have you guys tried google finance, google.com/finance i use it but you wont get details on bank warrants and other stuff.

Have you guys tried google finance, google.com/finance i use it but you wont get details on bank warrants and other stuff.

Google doesn't let you track warrants or options, both of which I hold, so I've never seen any value in using it to track some of my portfolio if I can't track all of it.  As others have mentioned above, yahoo used to have a decent portfolio tracker only it has really gone downhill in the last few years.  I can do without all the auto updates (I have no problem hitting reload when I want it to update) and other bells and whistles, just make it work like it did 4 or 5 years ago.