Vanity Fair piece on Bill Ackman

Liberty

if you study the past relationships between;  ichan, ackman, einhorn, chanos, stienhardt, milken, boesky, peretz, loeb, cohen and many other network associates ... it sure becomes hard for me to believe all this public infighting is for real.

and that's a great question,  is it for real?

the oldest games within this network are bear raiding, pipes and stock parking. if you take a step back from all the media attention and realize that ackmans 8-9 month short sale which would appear to be in the money, is the main reason affording ichan the opportunity to buy up to 25% of the stock at significant discounts and get 2 board seats ... it all seems a little strange? all this fighting but both are probably in the money right now.

i silently wonder if all these clowns won't find themselves huddled around a hamptons fire pit reliving old stories one day.

BINGO Anything is possible with these guys would rather not be involved with any of them if I can help it but its pretty hard to avoid them in the world of finance.

What!  Didn't you know that's what happens with these guys?  ;D  That's what LessthanIV was referring to.  The hooker that Spitzer got caught cheating with, used to stay with Chanos in the Hamptons and called him "Uncle". 

What the..? Is this word of mouth or public record?

Public record...all over the place.  Cheers!

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/regional/item_UtBcMesvG54xzPnzzxoqVJ

Incidentally, Ashlee Dupre is a millionaire.  (I looked her up on the celebrity net worth site.)

if you study the past relationships between;  ichan, ackman, einhorn, chanos, stienhardt, milken, boesky, peretz, loeb, cohen and many other network associates ... it sure becomes hard for me to believe all this public infighting is for real.

and that's a great question,  is it for real?

the oldest games within this network are bear raiding, pipes and stock parking. if you take a step back from all the media attention and realize that ackmans 8-9 month short sale which would appear to be in the money, is the main reason affording ichan the opportunity to buy up to 25% of the stock at significant discounts and get 2 board seats ... it all seems a little strange? all this fighting but both are probably in the money right now.

i silently wonder if all these clowns won't find themselves huddled around a hamptons fire pit reliving old stories one day. 

Do you guys consider Einhorn unethical? 

I get why people don't like Ackman but I still learn from him and think he is pretty good at what he does.  Although, he is even better at making Powerpoints.

• 4 weeks later...