Tepper

PlanMaestro

http://www.dataroma.com/m/holdings.php?m=AM

Tepper drastically reduced his holdings across the board. Either there were major withdrawals or this is a market call. Interesting given that he predicted "panic buying" this year.

I believe he returned a few billion to his clients.

Tepper drastically reduced his holdings across the board. Either there were major withdrawals or this is a market call. Interesting given that he predicted "panic buying" this year.

He planned to return up to 20% of capital in Q4.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/11/24/investing-hedgefunds-tepper-idUSL2N0TE1US20141124

Thanks.

Still, if he's returning a large amount of capital, that seems to be a market call.

I'm glad to see that he sold very little of GM, even though that is his largest position, since I am a shareholder myself.

• 7 months later...
  • Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I must admit Tepper never ceases to amaze me… I would be hard pressed to name a single company of his that has turned out to be a great investment… Yet, when it comes to market timing, he is practically always right… He says the stock market will go up, and stock prices rise accordingly… He says it is time to protect capital, and stock prices tumble… I thought it was not possible, but somehow he seems able to time the market with baffling accuracy!

Cheers,

Gio

Tepper is the next Stanley Druckenmiller. A very good analyst and an incredible trader at the same time. They both have a value bent but they aren't value investors in the Munger/Buffett sense.

I am not familiar with Stanley Druckenmiller… Is he as good as Tepper seems to be at market timing?

Cheers,

Gio

Tepper is the next Stanley Druckenmiller. A very good analyst and an incredible trader at the same time. They both have a value bent but they aren't value investors in the Munger/Buffett sense.

I am not familiar with Stanley Druckenmiller… Is he as good as Tepper seems to be at market timing?

Cheers,

Gio

He was the guy who generated a lot of ideas for Soros' fund back when Soros was killing it. Also managed his own fund that did pretty well. You should look into him. With the amount of leverage he used, I would imagine he'd have to be a somewhat decent market timer to not get killed.

He was the guy who generated a lot of ideas for Soros' fund back when Soros was killing it. Also managed his own fund that did pretty well. You should look into him. With the amount of leverage he used, I would imagine he'd have to be a somewhat decent market timer to not get killed.

Thank you! I'll do. ;)

Cheers,

Gio

Cheers,

Gio

Druckenmiller is quite good at what he does, mixture of a very good trader and investor. Some resources

Cheers,

Gio

Druckenmiller is quite good at what he does, mixture of a very good trader and investor. Some resources

good at market timing?

http://www.colorado.edu/economics/courses/econ2020/4111/articles/soros-fund.html

Cheers,

Gio

good at market timing?

http://www.colorado.edu/economics/courses/econ2020/4111/articles/soros-fund.html

it's one example. His time as a fund manager far exceeds this one period and the results generally speak for themselves.

But a big drawdown really does call into question the rest of someone's record. That's because it means those risks were being incurred all along, so the returns gained must be seen in light of that risk.

Yes but they didn`t use leverage as far i know and when you compound at 27% for a decade and than have a 50% or 60% drawdown its not the end of the world. Especially when you look at the story, i mean he has only played with internet stocks in late 1999 because there was immense pressure from his investors, i doubt that he would have done it when he was a private investor at that time. Just shows how dangerous it can be to invest OPM.

• 1 month later...
  • 5 years later...