Is US Manufacturing poised for a stunning comeback?

Mark Jr.

But did you notice that the 2-3 girls were usually the daughters of engineers, & they all had 300+ brothers!

Most folks in NA should not be at a university, but a trade school. They didn't go to the trade school because their parents persuaded them that it was low status - there was no money in it, & that if you went - that hot babe next door wouldn't even look at you. Maybe 50 yrs ago that was true.

But in the modern age almost all those programing the factory robots, working the control room, or making the tool dies will make 2-3x what the average university trained joe/jane will make over their working life. When was the last time you came accross an unemployed tool & die maker?

The unique strength of NA manufacturing is its ability to think up the game-changers & build them. Lot of other places do the subsequent evolution, minaturization, precision, robustness, & utilitarian far better.

SD

Not exactly a lot of girls on this board either though

Lol.  I think you are probably overstating how many girls are on this board.  I bet there may be a whopping low to mid single digit amount of girls here and I am probably not being conservative enough in my estimate.