Don’t be a FOOL !?!

Xerxes

7 hours ago, MattR said:

Seeking Alpha has gone down slowly in quality and rapidly since mid 2022. Many of the deep value guys or bankruptcy articles don't get accepted anymore and it seems to focus more on clicks than good ideas

Well they have lifted restrictions and what you can see as a freeloader at least. For a while you could not access articles written further back.

Most of the value in SA lies in the comment section.

Is it worth it to get Seeking Alpha's premium service?  I used to freeload there a lot.  But has scaled back for a year or two.  Now they improved their restrictions so it's only useful (news/articles) in the premium tier.  Or is there something comparable elsewhere?

Since it was mentioned elsewhere.  I would say equities-wise, things must be getting closer to the top, from my past investment cycles, when I become more active researching and investing, a crash usually is imminent.  Though this time, it's more that I had some cash that freed up, rather than FOMO.  

34 minutes ago, villainx said:

Is it worth it to get Seeking Alpha's premium service?  I used to freeload there a lot.  But has scaled back for a year or two.  Now they improved their restrictions so it's only useful (news/articles) in the premium tier.  Or is there something comparable elsewhere?

Since it was mentioned elsewhere.  I would say equities-wise, things must be getting closer to the top, from my past investment cycles, when I become more active researching and investing, a crash usually is imminent.  Though this time, it's more that I had some cash that freed up, rather than FOMO.  

I let my paid SA subscription expire a few months ago. A lot of the articles are very light on original analysis, for many it seems authors just go into a company's presentation and fluff that out into an article. Comments can occasionally be good, but overall it didn't seem worth paying for to me. Like you said, they've become very restrictive for free users even for basic things like quarterly reports that a lot of other websites provide in a free tier. 

The one thing I'll miss from SA is the way they present earnings call transcripts where you can play the audio at the same time you're reading the transcript. TIKR has transcripts and of course you can go to the companies site for the audio and presentation but the way SA did it was convenient, especially if you like to listen to a call in the background and then just cntr+f the transcript when you hear something interesting.