Analyzing Brett Horn

Haryana

To me "no moat" basically means nothing special, it can be easily replicated. How would Brett suppose to replicate the global reach, the market position in emerging economies, the diversity of industries, the expertise in bond investing, and longevity and loyalty of staff enjoyed by Fairfax?

1 hour ago, Tommm50 said:

To me "no moat" basically means nothing special, it can be easily replicated. How would Brett suppose to replicate the global reach, the market position in emerging economies, the diversity of industries, the expertise in bond investing, and longevity and loyalty of staff enjoyed by Fairfax?

The no moat stuff is nonsense but it’s the improbable earnings estimates that I really have trouble reconciling. 

• 1 month later...
On 1/24/2024 at 9:04 PM, Haryana said:

The way the estimate value numbers have changed over last year seem like being done manually.

As if someone is making the numbers up strategically from their La-Z-Boy recliner to camouflage.

First, the number changed from 730 to 790, that is the maximum to go in 700s with just one digit.

Then, the number changed from 790 to 970, that is the maximum below 1000 exchanging a digit.

Now the number has changed from 970 to 1180 which again make it look like something around a 1000.

For this purpose, he had to make sure that the new number is under 1200 even if the math is senseless.

So he has moved the fair value from 730 to 1180 in steps where each step made to look like nothing big.

Because all the while he analyzed that the company was overvalued and management value destructive.