China

Viking

So then we read all over the news how "bad" the belt and road initiative is, bad china etc...while trump and the CIA try their best to block china just from developing and spreading their interests, same as everyone. 

In a way you can’t help but believe that China wouldn’t mind having its markets be viewed similarly to US markets; if nothing else that would be extremely beneficial with respect to capital flowing into the county. You tell these listed companies to start paying out like 50% of operating earnings for a few years and the incoming growth from all the whores, especially US based funds, would be insane.

14 hours ago, Luca said:

https://www.reuters.com/world/us/trump-launched-cia-covert-influence-operation-against-china-2024-03-14/

Like, how afraid do you have to be as president and administration that you ask the CIA to PLEASE sew disapproval for the belt and road initiative within the Chinese society...

How pathetic is this: 

"The CIA team promoted allegations that members of the ruling Communist Party were hiding ill-gotten money overseas and slammed as corrupt and wasteful China’s Belt and Road Initiative, which provides financing for infrastructure projects in the developing world, the sources told Reuters."

And then the US gets mad that the CCP tightens its grip on their local media...

Do you think Chinese media would post a story about CCP covert influence operations?  I doubt it.  China undoubtedly engages in these exact activities - such as social media campaigns - only bad when the West does it apparently.

A quote from the same article: "disparaging narratives were based in fact despite being secretly released by intelligence operatives under false cover".

It would be pretty naïve to believe the top brass in China don't have massive amounts of wealth, which is ironic for aptly named communist party.  A Bloomberg investigation into  Xi (before he was president) caused such embarrassment that Bloomberg was banned in China:

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2012/jun/29/china-bloomberg-xi-jinping

Why shouldn't the Chinese people know about the wealth of their leaders Luca?

Edited by Sweet

I dont know why people would care. I mean AOC was a bartender and now look at her? Simply electing someone will allow them to enrich themselves. I'd only remotely care, and in a good way, if it was someone like Bloomberg, Trump, Schultz...who actually made their money in the real world rather than a Paul Ryan or Joe Biden who basically enriched themselves off the whole "elected official, public servant" schtick. But Im not sure its a huge deal either way to be like "oh everyone needs to know this guy is loaded"...

3 hours ago, Sweet said:

Do you think Chinese media would post a story about CCP covert influence operations?  I doubt it.  China undoubtedly engages in these exact activities - such as social media campaigns - only bad when the West does it apparently.

"only bad when the west does it"

LOL, have you read the news the last years? I read only china bad china bad. Finally we see some of the dirt the wests pulls...

3 hours ago, Sweet said:

A quote from the same article: "disparaging narratives were based in fact despite being secretly released by intelligence operatives under false cover".

It would be pretty naïve to believe the top brass in China don't have massive amounts of wealth, which is ironic for aptly named communist party.  A Bloomberg investigation into Xi (before he was president) caused such embarrassment that Bloomberg was banned in China:

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2012/jun/29/china-bloomberg-xi-jinping

Why shouldn't the Chinese people know about the wealth of their leaders Luca?

The more interesting thing about this is to stop the belt and road initiative, that tells you a lot about the potential of this project. 

Chinese surely should know about the wealth of their leaders, never argued against it. I just enjoy seeing the CIA deep down in the dirt too, its not only China 🙂 

Even this terror attack in Russia…see how obviously different it’s being reported/treated versus other mass casualty attacks? The Post even had an article rife with insinuation that the perpetrators were victims of torture afterwards! And then of course the conspiracy theories that “Putin did it”, just without the disclaimers warning you it’s fake news.

32 minutes ago, Luca said:

"only bad when the west does it"

LOL, have you read the news the last years? I read only china bad china bad. Finally we see some of the dirt the wests pulls...

The more interesting thing about this is to stop the belt and road initiative, that tells you a lot about the potential of this project. 

Chinese surely should know about the wealth of their leaders, never argued against it. I just enjoy seeing the CIA deep down in the dirt too, its not only China 🙂 

I’m referring to you Luca - that’s how I interpret your attitude to China.  

You’re posting a Reuters article about the CIA spreading what they consider factual information and claiming it is dirty and then saying is it any wonder China is censoring the news.

You’re not posting the dirty tricks of China, and you are against the press openly publishing factual information (according to the CIA) about corrupt officials.

1 minute ago, Sweet said:

I’m referring to you Luca - that’s how I interpret your attitude to China.  

You’re posting a Reuters article about the CIA spreading what they consider factual information and claiming it is dirty and then saying is it any wonder China is censoring the news.

The secret service of the US actively tries to block chinas interest by having misinformation campaigns against them. 

Its not ONLY China that is the bad guy here. That was the point. 

1 minute ago, Sweet said:

You’re not posting the dirty tricks of China, and you are against the press openly publishing factual information (according to the CIA) about corrupt officials.

They are not publishing that there ARE corrupt officials but they spread misinformation and sow distrust within the chinese community. 

23 minutes ago, Luca said:

The secret service of the US actively tries to block chinas interest by having misinformation campaigns against them. 

Its not ONLY China that is the bad guy here. That was the point. 

They are not publishing that there ARE corrupt officials but they spread misinformation and sow distrust within the chinese community. 

Do you think China actively tries to block US interests?

You said it is ‘misinformation’ the article you posted said it’s factually true information.

45 minutes ago, Sweet said:

Do you think China actively tries to block US interests?

You said it is ‘misinformation’ the article you posted said it’s factually true information.

The CIA team promoted allegations that members of the ruling Communist Party were hiding ill-gotten money overseas and slammed as corrupt and wasteful China’s Belt and Road Initiative, which provides financing for infrastructure projects in the developing world

The efforts within China were intended to foment paranoia among top leaders there, forcing its government to expend resources chasing intrusions into Beijing’s tightly controlled internet, two former officials said. “We wanted them chasing ghosts,”

Why is the US so desperate that they use CIA to create fake social media accounts that try to prevent belt and road projects? Doesn't that clearly show it is very smart to continue to do that if the US is willing to go that far? 

Look at what John McCain and the CIA did in Ukraine in 2014! Then see all the brainwashed Americans justify funding the war because "Russia invaded a sovereign nation!"....its just so annoying we have to put up with this kind of ignorance/stupidity in the general society. 

44 minutes ago, Luca said:

The CIA team promoted allegations that members of the ruling Communist Party were hiding ill-gotten money overseas and slammed as corrupt and wasteful China’s Belt and Road Initiative, which provides financing for infrastructure projects in the developing world

The efforts within China were intended to foment paranoia among top leaders there, forcing its government to expend resources chasing intrusions into Beijing’s tightly controlled internet, two former officials said. “We wanted them chasing ghosts,”

Same article also said it was based on facts whereas you said it was ‘misinformation’.

You’re selecting choose when parts which want to quote and ignoring parts inconvenient.

42 minutes ago, Gregmal said:

Look at what John McCain and the CIA did in Ukraine in 2014! Then see all the brainwashed Americans justify funding the war because "Russia invaded a sovereign nation!"....its just so annoying we have to put up with this kind of ignorance/stupidity in the general society. 

What did they do?  McCain and the CIA?

15 minutes ago, Sweet said:

Same article also said it was based on facts whereas you said it was ‘misinformation’.

Where does it say facts? Please provide a quote. 

15 minutes ago, Sweet said:

You’re selecting choose when parts which want to quote and ignoring parts inconvenient.

What? I have made a point regarding the US interfering with the Chinese political situation by slandering an important infrastructure project. What have I ignored here? 

11 minutes ago, cubsfan said:

Ha!   That's a great article, that explains the situation well.

Like a friend of mine told me - Russian interference in our elections?!, Hell, that's what Russians do..!

And that's what we do!

Yea, thats why I honestly dont care AT ALL, either way about election interference. Everyone does it, if your people are too stupid not to be influenced then thats their fault. The problem I do have? Its with the people that sit here, either because they are stupid, or dishonest, and scream about election interference as if its a problem and isolated to one group or another.

12 hours ago, Luca said:

Where does it say facts? Please provide a quote. 

What? I have made a point regarding the US interfering with the Chinese political situation by slandering an important infrastructure project. What have I ignored here? 

It quotes the same source for the article, it says "disparaging narratives were based in fact despite being secretly released by intelligence operatives under false cover".  The same source you took at face value.

You’re constantly posting content which is pro-China and anti-US.  You’ve appeared to make pro-authoritarian arguments and are for censorship of the media in China.  You’re clearly pushing an agenda on this board.

Edited by Sweet

4 hours ago, Sweet said:

You’re clearly pushing an agenda on this board.

Yeah, I think everyone paying attention knows this because of the large percentage of completely nonsensical arguments on this topic.

Edited by RichardGibbons
Made marginally kinder.