Russia-Ukrainian War

NRK.no [The Norwegian Official TV Channel] : Troms and Finmark [September 28th 2024] : The government considers a high border fence against Russia.

Subheader : 'Hardly anyone crosses the Norwegian-Russian border illegally, but now a high fence can still be erected. Must act as a deterrent', according to the Minister of Justice.

- - - o 0 o - - - 

Norway share a 1,340 km long border with Russia, up north of the polar circle. I'm not this sure this is well spent oil money. To me, it fails completely to hit the disc. A token of the times, - a considered action that is somewhat useless, not based on rationality, but sentiment.

TV2.dk [August 8th 2024] : Russia threatens Denmark with legal action.

This is related to the North Stream sabotage, and about the obligations of the Danish State to compliance and transparency requirements in  accordance with international conventions.

1997 - convention related to suppression of terror bombings, and

1999 - convention related to suppression of terror financing.

I would say, that Maria Zakharova, Russian Ministry of Foreign Affairs, has a good, solid case here.

Typical pragmatism from Danish Minister of Foreign Affairs Lars Løkke Rasmussen just to put a 'confidential' on the existing report already produced about this event, simply put, to burry it.

I would not complain by any mean Denmark loosing such case, honestly.

- - - o 0 o - - -

Edit :

TASS - Politics [March 20th 2024] : Nord Stream gas leak investigation - Russia to continue demanding transparent probe into Nord Stream blast — Foreign Ministry

Edited by John Hjorth