Please Put An End To This!

Parsad

Speaking for myself.  Parsad, I thank you for sponsoring this board to share valuable ideas and information.  Whatever you need to do to keep the site operation is probably okay with me, as my tolerance for noise is fairly high and the signal level is sufficiently high enough to keep me coming back.  Maybe there are other high roller out there that where every second lost can mean the difference of a few million lost.  I find that long term investing is fairly tolerant in regards to timing and think that if we can weed out short term thinkers by adding more ads, I’d welcome that.  Again, thanks for keeping this site operational.  From rolling my own sites, I know this stuff is not cheap, time and resource wise and I hope others can appreciate that.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, nsx5200 said:

Speaking for myself.  Parsad, I thank you for sponsoring this board to share valuable ideas and information.  Whatever you need to do to keep the site operation is probably okay with me, as my tolerance for noise is fairly high and the signal level is sufficiently high enough to keep me coming back.  Maybe there are other high roller out there that where every second lost can mean the difference of a few million lost.  I find that long term investing is fairly tolerant in regards to timing and think that if we can weed out short term thinkers by adding more ads, I’d welcome that.  Again, thanks for keeping this site operational.  From rolling my own sites, I know this stuff is not cheap, time and resource wise and I hope others can appreciate that.

I want to second this and add my thank you Parsad.

I concur, 4thed. This site is a great resource and I greatly appreciate Parsad's efforts over a seriously long time.

I quickly learned how to navigate round the mobile version, which does seem more ad-heavy than desktop, and to ignore all the google ads for products I've already bought!

I had been a little absent around the time of the vote and the change of domain name, and I had actually thought I'd like to contribute financially to the site now I can afford it, but I'm at least happy to see ad revenue providing some recompense to Parsad for keeping it running and all the work migrating over to a generally more usable platform.

2 hours ago, mcliu said:

It's also possible that having fewer ads & better optimized ads might generate more revenue through more users & engagement.

Optimization is an individual responsibility. Ads are dynamically generated based on site content and your browsing habits (and possibly conversations while an internet connected microphone is present).

OTOH, affiliate banners, which I don't see here, are a more effective method of monetization. They can also provide more targeted and useful services to site visitors.

If a publisher (Parsad + users = auto-generated content), produces a significant percentage of activity for an affiliate program he would become a super-affiliate. This leads to more opportunities and better terms with affiliate managers. PPC and PPI generates chump change in comparison.