Since Covid Lockdown, has this site's posting improved, worsened or meh?

Guest cherzeca
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

One of my favorite posters, Kraven, has been MIA in forever. Loved reading his posts, they were educational and humorous

Anyone know how Kraven is doing? I was just thinking about him earlier today.  I was re-reading some quant stuff which led me to some antitrust legal canon concerning how Porter's Five Forces is basically bunk.  I had a similar personal realization with M. Gladwell's stuff.  I think my journey toward quant-esque investing has been probably kind of similar to his.

One of my favorite posters, Kraven, has been MIA in forever. Loved reading his posts, they were educational and humorous

Anyone know how Kraven is doing? I was just thinking about him earlier today.  I was re-reading some quant stuff which led me to some antitrust legal canon concerning how Porter's Five Forces is basically bunk.  I had a similar personal realization with M. Gladwell's stuff.  I think my journey toward quant-esque investing has been probably kind of similar to his.

I dont think I was here while he was an active poster, but we exchanged messages a little bit ago. He can chime in if he's still following but the gist was similar to what a lot of us have acknowledged the past few years. There is not a ton of unique investment related discussion here, and the investment related discussion that does take place, is often in the same trite names and largely an echo chamber...BRK, FFH, etc.

I dont think I was here while he was an active poster, but we exchanged messages a little bit ago. He can chime in if he's still following but the gist was similar to what a lot of us have acknowledged the past few years. There is not a ton of unique investment related discussion here, and the investment related discussion that does take place, is often in the same trite names and largely an echo chamber...BRK, FFH, etc.

The mere concept of anchoring to the past.

Yeah, he was more evidence-based quant-esque in style (in the tradition of like Graham and Schloss) unless memory escapes me so it's not like there was ever a ton of discrete exchanges of narrative on particular names (that I recall).  Probably going to take a real bloodbath for the galaxy names and some mean reversion to bring back a lot of interesting nuance/opportunity.