Movies and TV shows (general recommendation thread)

Liberty

On 2/29/2024 at 11:16 AM, nwoodman said:

Highly recommend “Boy Swallows Universe’ - Netflix   Quirky, dark and uniquely Australian.  The 80’s soundtrack was worth it alone.  Brought back some great musical memories.  Will be watching this one again👍

Boy Swallows Universe is really good. The first time I only watched the first episode but gave up after 10 minutes. I'm glad I gave it a second chance.

I watched Dune 2 again. This time on IMAX. The theatre was packed. And i am sure they are mostly second or third viewings. 

speaking of which, this is funny. 

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/14/2024 at 11:31 PM, Xerxes said:

Just finished Fall out, and really enjoyed it. Great characters, and they kept did a good job with keeping the dark humor from the games in the series. 

On 4/17/2024 at 4:21 AM, Agrippa07 said:

Just finished Fall out, and really enjoyed it. Great characters, and they kept did a good job with keeping the dark humor from the games in the series. 

Thanks. Will start this weekend. 

I recently re-watched House of Dragons S1, before S2 is released in June. 

I highly recommend people to re-watch. It has great re-watch qualities and a lot nuances that needs reminding before S2 kicks off.

Cannot wait for the Greens and Otto Hightowers to fall. They are nothing but usurpers.  

On 4/16/2024 at 6:01 PM, Spekulatius said:

Gilded age is pretty good. We did a trip Westchester county last weekend and had a tour at Lyndhurst castle (highly recommend ) and they mentioned that part of the show was filmed there. We did recognize some rooms from Lyndhurst in S1 E5.

Oh wow - my brother got married there ages ago 😄 Good ole Tarrytown - hopefully Westchester treated your family well!

On the weekend, I watched Dumas' Three Musketeers...two parts:

D'Artagnan

Milady

Terrific actors, great story, writing and action.  Very well done and thoroughly enjoyed them!  Cheers!