What are your favorite biographies?

saleen998

Too many...

But if you haven't, you should probably read 'With the Old Breed' by E.B. Sledge. It's a memoirs.

Thanks for the tip. Impressive read. 'Defying Hitler' was another good WWII memoir, written by a 'nobody' in Germany who describes the rise of Hitler during the interbellum. 'Night' by Eli Wiesel was also a crazy read.

FWIW like many others I really enjoyed 'Titan' and 'Snowball'. I found the Isaacson books to be a bit boring, I didn't even finish 'Einstein' and I'm in doubt as to whether I should buy the da Vinci book. 'Faraday, Maxwell and the electromagnetic field' was great. 'The Wright Brothers' was enjoyable. The Shannon book and Thorp book were also ok.

At some point I'll probably try a few other Chernow books.

The kindle version of 'Faraday, Maxwell and the electromagnetic field' is on sale today for $2.99,

https://www.amazon.com/Faraday-Maxwell-Electromagnetic-Field-Revolutionized-ebook/dp/B00F8EYYJ6?_bbid=10105821&tag=bookbubblog-20

Too many...

But if you haven't, you should probably read 'With the Old Breed' by E.B. Sledge. It's a memoirs.

Storm of Steel is a good one if your a war enthusiast.

i read “Storm of steel “ in German a while ago “Unter Sturmgewittern”. I think it is a better book than Remarque’s “All quit on the Western front”. The Author certainly lived what he wrote about.

I really enjoyed “Joseph Fouche” from Stefan Zweig. It details the path of Fouche,a secret service bureaucrat for the King, then under the French revolutionaries, then under Napoleon. Quite a survivor in these times. Stefan Zweig is a great author, but little known in thr US.

• 3 weeks later...