Morgan

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I just discovered that Lou Simpson wrote letters in Geico's annual reports.I was able to find 1991 on scribd. Anyone have 1980-1996?

No luck. Only thing I am able to pull is for them is in the 60s.

Thank you for checking. I appreciate it.

Guest notorious546

I just discovered that Lou Simpson wrote letters in Geico's annual reports.I was able to find 1991 on scribd. Anyone have 1980-1996?

can you post an pdf of the document?

Please?

Could you pm me the database name too please?

Guest notorious546

Thank You

Please?

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Just got done reading the 'Limping On Water' book.  Was wondering if someone on this board has the old Cap Cities ARs and would be kind enough to post them? 

Thanks in advance!

The SEC website has a 10-K from 1994 that has financial data for the years 1983-1993:

http://www.sec.gov/Archives/edgar/data/17109/0000950130-94-000530.txt

I saw those, thanks.  I'd like to find the ARs from the earlier years if possible (pre-ABC merger). 

Poor Charlie,

Did you like the book?

Book was good.  I went in thinking this is just going to be another long-winded book about the life of a mid-level company man.  That wasn't the case at all.  While the book did go into his personal (non-business) life a bit, it was mostly about his time at Cap Cities.  Also, as the first hire by Murphy, a lifer, and fairly senior during most of his tenure it's told from a pretty unique perspective.  Not too many books by a guy who had a front row seat at one of the greatest compounding machines in history. 

I will say this: it's not an investing/finance book at all.  The author is not a finance type as his jobs were mostly in sales and later operations.  Other than stuff like "murphy liked cash flows" and "murphy was cheap" (paraphrasing) you won't find much relating to the quantitative side.  That's why I was hoping someone might be able to share the old ARs

• 7 years later...

I'm going to revive this thread for a moment. First of all, thank you so much for all the contributions so far. What a great group! 

I am looking for info on Precision Systems Inc (PSI). I'd love to read the original Form 10 that covers the spinoff and then any 10-Qs or 10-Ks from mid 1992 and on. It was spun off of the Home Shopping Network in July 1992 (https://www.tampabay.com/archive/1994/04/05/precision-systems-struggles-cuts-jobs/). 

I checked with all the links from earlier in the thread, SEC.gov, google and couldn't find anything. 

Thank you!