I am thankful for...

SmallCap

Sunday, I fell on a halfpipe and dislocated my right thumb while tearing a ligament off the bone. I'm grateful that I underwent surgery without feeling the knife.  Imagine the horrors of surgery without anesthetics.

There is so much wrong with my mental picture of this:

1) If my math is correct you are over 40.  What are you going to do next - a few lines of coke and fall out of a tree.

2) Two legs = two skis (Not One).

3) Independent wealth is apparently bad for ones health.  That Rhymes BTW. 

I last snowboarded when I was around 35.  I was sore for two weeks from doing face plants from 8 feet (5 feet plus 3 feet of hill).  Still ski though.  Beat my nephew on a straight downhill speed race last year. 

Happy Thanksgiving!  To all!

LOL!  I thought he meant a halfpipe in surfing, because I know he took up surfing several months ago.  Now snowboarding!

Then again, Eric is wrapping his broken thumb in $100 bills...that must numb the pain a little!  :)

Cheers!

Sunday, I fell on a halfpipe and dislocated my right thumb while tearing a ligament off the bone. I'm grateful that I underwent surgery without feeling the knife.  Imagine the horrors of surgery without anesthetics.

1) If my math is correct you are over 40.  What are you going to do next - a few lines of coke and fall out of a tree.

I last snowboarded when I was around 35.  I was sore for two weeks from doing face plants from 8 feet (5 feet plus 3 feet of hill).  Still ski though.  Beat my nephew on a straight downhill speed race last year. 

I'm down to my last 3 percocet so I'm open minded to that and other exploratory drug ideas tonight.

LOL!  I thought he meant a halfpipe in surfing, because I know he took up surfing several months ago.  Now snowboarding!

Then again, Eric is wrapping his broken thumb in $100 bills...that must numb the pain a little!  :)

Cheers!

I had a 4' miniramp built for my kids only two weeks ago.  A 12' wide,24' long, 4' tall halfpipe

I was showing them how it's done.  There would be fewer workplace accidents with demonstrations like that one.

Keep up the half piping and surfing - don't let these desk strapped CBFM boarders talk you out of some fun just because you are over 40!

Last year at 42 I was jumping Swiss chalets on the hills with my skis in the winter and then surfing in Northern Spain in the summer.

What's a few bruises here or there - you are either growing or withering away in life, there isn't much in between.

The dislocation is nothing. You just pop those back by yanking on them. Its the tearing the ligament off the bone thing that is a little problem!

I dislocated a finger in a pick-up bball game - it was like 90 degrees. Asked the guys to pull it back to straighten it out. They couldn't do it, so I drove to the hospital. Had a nurse and doctor trying to pull it straight, they couldn't do it. So I looked at them and said that there wasn't one single ligament in my body that would move at all with them pulling like that (ie like pussies). They kinda' looked at me a little pissed off and then gave it a good go and popped it back.

Ligament ripped off though is a little different, would need surgery for sure...

Happy Thanksgiving guys!!!

I'm thankful for the internet…not sure if I'd be here doing what I do and reading the board. I'm thankful for my family's and my health. I appreciate the humor and keeping things light from everyone who posts on the msg board.

I'm thankful that the craziness of ebola slowed down and seems more under control. I'm happy it's been a relatively calm year from my perspective.

Thanks for starting the thread, enjoy reading everyone's posts.

Eric,

I wish you a very fast recovery! :)

All the best,

Gio

I'm also thankful for a vacation. We are sitting in the airport on our way to Costa Rica right now.

Oh lucky you, enjoy Costa Rica, it is a wonderful country! I went there 2 years ago, and as much as I like discovering new places, I would also really like to return there someday!