CFA Exam

west

I just passed Level 2! Somehow I ranked on the top on the Ethics section even though I was sure I did poorly. However, it is a relative comparison based on other people who took the test, maybe that says something about the type of people who go into finance.

I just passed Level 2! Somehow I ranked on the top on the Ethics section even though I was sure I did poorly. However, it is a relative comparison based on other people who took the test, maybe that says something about the type of people who go into finance.

Congrats!  :)

Liberty, Phacelia - congrats!

I also passed L2 after passing L1 this past December ... 2/2 is a very sweet feeling, but not half as sweet or as useful as the stuff I've learned here in this forum. You would think CFAI would bother to at least have a good thorough section about how to analyze a company's management instead of some of the nonsensical stuff that is in the CBOK (at least for us of the value cloth), but I'm just happy to move on to L3!

• 2 weeks later...

Congrats guys - very happy (and jealous)!

Phacelia - I do not know how you calculated 8%, but since CFAI does not publish separate numbers for 1st time takers and retakers, the number I believe you are suggesting is a maximum ... more likely for 3/3 people the real statistics are (my rough estimates)

LI - about 30%, as retakers will have a significant advantage

LII - about 40%, retakers have an advantage but not such a great one as this is a tough exam (as we all know)

LIII - no idea, but I assume its again skewed in favor of retakers, so let's assume 45%

This comes out to around 5.5% .... so I would say anywhere between 5 and 8 percent chance

Are you taking L3 next June? Have you signed up yet?

Well good for you :)

I just noticed your "The harder you work, the luckier you get." - could not agree more, though I had only about 200 hours to put into L2, so I guess luck did play a part ... I'd love to chat about prep materials etc. I'm reachable at gpmagnus@yahoo.com

Cheers!