Going on vacation -- not dead

Liberty

Hey,

I just wanted to point out that Friday I'm leaving for a 3-week vacation and likely won't have much internet access. So if you don't hear from me here for 3 weeks, it's not because something terrible happened  :)

Not that most people here would notice, but I figure that in every community there's always one person who keeps track of everybody and who would notice and go "where the heck is that guy who usually posts everyday?" and then 2 weeks later would go "oh shit, I know, he's dead in a ditch somewhere!"

I just want to avoid that  :D

Thanks for letting us know Liberty!  Have a nice vacation.  Where are you going anyway?  Cheers!

Thanks. Going mostly to Spain. Guess that's the bargain-hunter in me ;)

Then taking a trans-Atlantic ship and landing back in Florida.

Nice!  Enjoy yourself and don't tell any Spaniards to "get a job!"  ;D  Cheers!

Thanks for letting us know Liberty!  Have a nice vacation.  Where are you going anyway?  Cheers!

Thanks. Going mostly to Spain. Guess that's the bargain-hunter in me ;)

Then taking a trans-Atlantic ship and landing back in Florida.

I'll have to ask you about your ship back, the girlfriend and I were thinking of something similar. Enjoy the bargains in Spain! :)

• 2 weeks later...

Hello folks,... you also must be wondering where I am. I'm currently only in read mode for this board here since days,... and I almost don't have much time to spend here. I guess that I have the same problems as our Liberty,... going on some trip for almost 12 days in the middle of next week to the L.A. area. But,... my trip is rather unexpected, and it won't be some holiday. I have to fly over on long distance to support some dear friend with severe health problems,... so my trip probably will land me in Cedars Sinai's waiting room sitting there for hours and hoping everything right can be done. I'm currently the only friend that can be at hospital to give support,... there is nobody else available,... thus,... sad situation.  So, I'm currently away for some time, and probably not even time to read here. Currently say bye for over two weeks.

Hello folks,... you also must be wondering where I am. I'm currently only in read mode for this board here since days,... and I almost don't have much time to spend here. I guess that I have the same problems as our Liberty,... going on some trip for almost 12 days in the middle of next week to the L.A. area. But,... my trip is rather unexpected, and it won't be some holiday. I have to fly over on long distance to support some dear friend with severe health problems,... so my trip probably will land me in Cedars Sinai's waiting room sitting there for hours and hoping everything right can be done. I'm currently the only friend that can be at hospital to give support,... there is nobody else available,... thus,... sad situation.  So, I'm currently away for some time, and probably not even time to read here. Currently say bye for over two weeks.

berkshiremystery,

I sincerely hope all the best to your friend and I applaud your willingness to give him support, in his time of need. You are a caring person.

God bless you,

giofranchi

berkshiremystery,

I sincerely hope all the best to your friend and I applaud your willingness to give him support, in his time of need. You are a caring person.

God bless you,

giofranchi

Yes, may God bless you.  I had a dear friend in our local running club who was dying of an incurable illness several years ago.  There was someone with him every day, friends or family.  It must be awful to die alone. 

berkshiremystery,

God bless you,

giofranchi

Yes, may God bless you.  I had a dear friend in our local running club who was dying of an incurable illness several years ago.  There was someone with him every day, friends or family.  It must be awful to die alone.

Well,... I hope that the doctors can do something, otherwise there might be bigger implications, because she has young 10 year old boy, which it's own complicated health problems. He is currently staying with his grandmother, so she must watch him and can't fly. I would be the only one currently to bring her to hospital. And we fly both in, from different parts,... long distance... my Indiana Jones odyssey will start soon,... I'm on the run,... my last post currently, I might check here in some spare minute from L.A., if I find time. Take care all.

Hey,

I just wanted to point out that Friday I'm leaving for a 3-week vacation and likely won't have much internet access. So if you don't hear from me here for 3 weeks, it's not because something terrible happened  :)

Not that most people here would notice, but I figure that in every community there's always one person who keeps track of everybody and who would notice and go "where the heck is that guy who usually posts everyday?" and then 2 weeks later would go "oh shit, I know, he's dead in a ditch somewhere!"

Have a nice trip. Was thinking to make a post to get your latest view on FTP. It's so dead.

Hey,

Life360 is a great app to help friends and family keep track of where you are.  Not sure about outside of N.A. though.