Zerohedge - do what buffett says not what he does

Evolveus

Saying "news does not exist anymore" doesn't really make sense because it never existed then. News is generally more accurate today then at any point in US history.

I find it highly unlikely that real news has ever existed nor will it exist in abroad sense. Each MSM outlet certainly contributes to spreading factual information. But the other 23 hours are simply spent on rhetoric and "noise." See the top notch reporting below:

https://www.cnn.com/2020/01/30/politics/donald-trump-coronavirus-diversity-obama/index.html

As I said.....noise and narrative. I generally only care about news that is directly related to policy and how said policy stacks up against the Constitution which in turn affects individual liberties.

Foreign news is often even worse....(Assad Syria Chemical attacks come to mind) Every single MSM news outlet loses all credibility when they go beyond regurgitation.

Donald Trump signed the blah blah blah bill today (good so far). The Bill was about this (still ok). Let take this over to Tucker Carlson for analysis or Lets head on over to Brian "endorsed Michael Avenatti" Stelter from "Reliable Sources" to give you the run down (Ding ding ding ding). THIS is where I stop watching.....I'll go read the bill myself....There is so much shit hidden in every bill anyways that no mainstream media outlet would be able to cover it all even if they were truthful.

Saying "news does not exist anymore" doesn't really make sense because it never existed then. News is generally more accurate today then at any point in US history.

I find it highly unlikely that real news has ever existed nor will it exist in abroad sense. Each MSM outlet certainly contributes to spreading factual information. But the other 23 hours are simply spent on rhetoric and "noise." See the top notch reporting below:

https://www.cnn.com/2020/01/30/politics/donald-trump-coronavirus-diversity-obama/index.html

As I said.....noise and narrative. I generally only care about news that is directly related to policy and how said policy stacks up against the Constitution which in turn affects individual liberties.

Foreign news is often even worse....(Assad Syria Chemical attacks come to mind) Every single MSM news outlet loses all credibility when they go beyond regurgitation.

Donald Trump signed the blah blah blah bill today (good so far). The Bill was about this (still ok). Let take this over to Tucker Carlson for analysis or Lets head on over to Brian "endorsed Michael Avenatti" Stelter from "Reliable Sources" to give you the run down (Ding ding ding ding). THIS is where I stop watching.....I'll go read the bill myself....There is so much shit hidden in every bill anyways that no mainstream media outlet would be able to cover it all even if they were truthful.

That is for the most part true, but I do think that there used to be such a thing as an "investigative reporter".  That was someone who investigated things that the ruling class may not have liked investigated.  Today most "news" is simply sourced from news conferences and press releases issued by the ruling class, taken as gospel without question and regurgitated to the public pretty much word for word.

Guest Schwab711

Totally agree on opinion vs news wire. I wish the latter was the cash cow for media firms.

To your point on the CNN article, I find it annoying that "analysis" is sometimes used instead of opinion. Any effort to obfuscate news and opinion leads to a lot of issues. Not at all related to news but I've seen some respected investors complain about Google's ad vs search result blending that is trading near-term profits for long-term issues. It's not surprising that Reuters, NPR, C-Span, ect are often named as least biased outlets. They generally don't have the steady stream of opinion articles and TV segments next to their reporting.

Totally agree on opinion vs news wire. I wish the latter was the cash cow for media firms.

To your point on the CNN article, I find it annoying that "analysis" is sometimes used instead of opinion. Any effort to obfuscate news and opinion leads to a lot of issues. Not at all related to news but I've seen some respected investors complain about Google's ad vs search result blending that is trading near-term profits for long-term issues. It's not surprising that Reuters, NPR, C-Span, ect are often named as least biased outlets. They generally don't have the steady stream of opinion articles and TV segments next to their reporting.

It's also because they don't have to generate a profit. So they don't have to become a circus. I mean yea, Reuters is a private enterprise, but now it has a very wealthy sugar daddy that doesn't care about squeezing a few dollars out of it and leaves it alone.

Everybody here is complaining about about CNN and FOX, i suspect the targets of the ire is driven by political beliefs more than anything else. But you could read the writing on the wall when they brought in Jeff Zucker to run it. And when it comes to FOX I'm not sure that the Murdochs are even conservatives. I have a sneaky feeling that they're just cold blooded capitalists that figured out that the circus sells better than the news and further that the righty stuff sells better than the lefty stuff.