Benmosche vs Moynihan

CONeal
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

On the bright side of things I think Bernie Ebbers had in excess of 100% of his net worth in WCOM -- he had to hide the reality of things to support the stock in order to avoid getting a margin call.

Sometimes having too much ownership is very bad!

Good point.

Here's an overview of Moynihan's BAC shareholdings in recent years. He owns currently 449,655 BAC shares, and almost 2/3 have been bought before the financial crises. He owned on Aug. 20, 2007 about 259,991 shares, and all have been bought in the range between $42-52. So it's seems that on a net basis he is still underwater, but this should also considered as a driving force for his character to increase shareholder value.

http://www.insidercow.com/history/insider.jsp?Cik=0001195071&company=BAC&name=MOYNIHAN%20BRIAN%20T&title=%20officer%20(Pres%20Gbl%20Bkg%20&%20Wlth%20%20Mgmt)

Here's an overview of Moynihan's BAC shareholdings in recent years. He owns currently 449,655 BAC shares, and almost 2/3 have been bought before the financial crises. He owned on Aug. 20, 2007 about 259,991 shares, and all have been bought in the range between $42-52. So it's seems that on a net basis he is still underwater, but this should also considered as a driving force for his character to increase shareholder value.

http://www.insidercow.com/history/insider.jsp?Cik=0001195071&company=BAC&name=MOYNIHAN%20BRIAN%20T&title=%20officer%20(Pres%20Gbl%20Bkg%20&%20Wlth%20%20Mgmt)

"and all have been bought in the range between $42-52"

Slight correction:

Those were all SALES between $42 and $52.

"and all have been bought in the range between $42-52"

Slight correction:

Those were all SALES between $42 and $52.

Oops! You got me  :-[ I didn't look at the "s" , thanks for the correction, Ericopoly !

Let me ask you guys something:  Were you guys buying when the stock was below $6?  Did you buy then because insiders were buying?

If you answered yes to both questions, then you are correct to demand Moynihan buy shares.  If you answered yes to the first question, and no to the second question, then why does it matter at $9.60 if Moynihan buys or not?

They say that the CEO of a corporation is the company's best salesperson.  So don't rely on their advice or actions...trust your own analysis!  Cheers!

Let me ask you guys something:  Were you guys buying when the stock was below $6?  Did you buy then because insiders were buying?

If you answered yes to both questions, then you are correct to demand Moynihan buy shares.  If you answered yes to the first question, and no to the second question, then why does it matter at $9.60 if Moynihan buys or not?

They say that the CEO of a corporation is the company's best salesperson.  So don't rely on their advice or actions...trust your own analysis!  Cheers!

1) Yes,... the lowest purchase for me was at $5.50, about 2 or 3 days before X-mas,...

I was probably to greedy,  :-[ while it was at the low of $4.92, thinking that I might get an even lower price.

2) Nope,...  I didn't care if an insider would purchase shares and trusted my own analysis!

Well, he really doesn't have much income from which to purchase shares on the open market.  And he already has a lot of upside incentive from the stock-based compensation plan:

From the 2012 Proxy:

O No annual cash incentive for 2011. Similarly, Mr. Moynihan did not receive any annual cash incentive award for performance years 2009 or 2010.

O Total salary and incentive compensation for 2011 of $7 million. Over 85% of Mr. Moynihan’s total compensation for 2011 is in the form of equity-linked awards.

O The majority of Mr. Moynihan’s variable incentive compensation was awarded in the form of performance contingent restricted stock units tied to our future achievement of specific performance goals based on our return on assets.