Moynihan Demeanor

I would take a short sweaty stuttering nebbish of a CEO (think Martin Short's Nathan Thurm character) if he could figure out a capital plan that took the BAC share price back to TBV.

It will get there. We are in the middle of the storm...the math works in the bank's favor over the coming quarters. Pre-provision earnings and a stabilizing NII + Fee base will provide ample coverage over the next three years to see it through the recent carnage. I am definitely a long-term player in BAC.

I was really impressed with Moynihan in that interview.  I already liked what he was doing, but he was very clear on what the bank's objectives are.  He's streamlining this sucker and is going to focus on the core businesses like JPM or WFC.  Cheers!

In my opinion he did the perfect job, focused on the facts, on the actual core business, and didn't even give too much weight to the recent market activity. Initially I felt he was tepid, but as the interview progressed I realized the logic in his demeanor, hence the thread :)

Cheers!

I thought Moynihan and crew did a very good job on the call with Berkowitz yesterday.  He hit pretty much all the major points and didn't seem to be dodging anything.  I think they did themselves a favor by having the call.  Even though there was no immediate impact (stock moved up during the call, fell back after), I think that in general it was good for them to get the message out there.  My only complaint was that Moynihan was speaking too fast and over the internet connection sometimes some of words were blurred together.  Someone in marketing, etc. who no doubt was sitting there in the conference room with him should have slowed him down a little.  But all in all, very nice.  He's a good man and the right person for the job.

p.s. Good to "see" everyone again.  Glad the site is back up.  Thanks Sanjeev for working on it.

I thought Moynihan and crew did a very good job on the call with Berkowitz yesterday.  He hit pretty much all the major points and didn't seem to be dodging anything.  I think they did themselves a favor by having the call.  Even though there was no immediate impact (stock moved up during the call, fell back after), I think that in general it was good for them to get the message out there.  My only complaint was that Moynihan was speaking too fast and over the internet connection sometimes some of words were blurred together.  Someone in marketing, etc. who no doubt was sitting there in the conference room with him should have slowed him down a little.  But all in all, very nice.  He's a good man and the right person for the job.

p.s. Good to "see" everyone again.  Glad the site is back up.  Thanks Sanjeev for working on it.

According to this Fortune article about him, that's just the way he talks:

http://finance.fortune.cnn.com/2011/07/07/can-brian-moynihan-fix-americas-biggest-bank/

Conversing with Moynihan is no easy task. He tends to fire off sentences in machine-gun-like bursts, without anything resembling a pause for punctuation. Words like "litigation" and "putback risk" run together into a verbal blur. For an executive with such clear ideas, he can be almost impossible to understand at times. "His mind is always outracing his mouth," says Jay Sarles, a former top executive at Fleet and BofA.