TRE - Sino-forest put.

alertmeipp

• Replies 442
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have noticed that as the price of TRE has rebounded, it's opponents have become more irritated using emotional words such as 'It's disgusting...' and 'I'm pretty sick of...'  

I don't understand how people who say they have no vested interest get so emotional (the words 'disgusting' and 'pretty sick of' suggest pretty strong emotions) about a stock?  I don't even get that emotional about things I own, let alone things I don't own.  That does not make sense.  Something isn't right here.

I don't understand how you few posters are so absolutely certain that TRE is a fraud?  You don't have any more information than anyone else.  I understand that you obviously FEEL strongly that it is fraud and CWERICB is taking the brunt of your combined arrogance.  There are many other experts looking at the same information and making completely different conclusions.  Just because they are smart (perhaps smarter than many here) and have more resources (many more resources than most here) doesn't make them right either.  

CWERICB seems to be pretty clear that he is saying that it is his opinion that TRE is not a complete fraud and is worth more than $3-7/share, and he is willing to put his money where his mouth is.  You few are basically saying that it is NOT your OPINION but it is a virtual FACT that TRE is a fraud. That seems like arrogance to me and I find it unusual.  I am sure there isn't any collusion happening here but certainly unusual behavior.  Maybe everyone is feeling philanthropic and are here to ensure CWERICB doesn't lose all his money?  That was likely Blocks primary purpose too.  If it is a Fraud, congrats to Block.  If it is worth more than $3-7, than congrats to CWERICB.  Let's shut up and wait for the PWC report but I certainly don't mind hearing that CWERICB is making money.  Who minds hearing that another person is making money?

Imagine you live in a city that has a notorious red light district with 200 "ladies of the evening". Thirty of these have been convicted of robbing their clients.  A friend takes up with one of these fine ladies and declares that his true love is nothing of the sort and entrusts large sums of money to his Dulcinea.  

Would you remain silent about your friend's blindness?

Some here seem to have a very selective memory, tend to twist the odd fact and like to quote out of context - as per the above. But when someone asks them questions about their own position they conveniently refuse to respond.

I have stated my position on Carson Block and TRE ad nauseam. Unfortunately some either chose to ignore or fail to comprehend the point I was trying to make. I was simply surprised to find that a few on the board were so quick to label TRE a total fraud based almost solely on the Muddy Waters report by Carson Block when there was good reason to doubt the report’s sincerity and accuracy as well as Mr. Block’s credentials.  

Because of that, some have tried to suggest that I was either trying to defend or promote TRE and now you criticize me for posting that Sino announced their 2Q results and an update on the PWC report.  

This type of response is as mystifying as is the fact that a certain few relentlessly criticize anything that is not in line with the Muddy Waters report. I find this very strange. I also find it coincidental that at least one of these members joined the board at the time of this discussion and immediately promoted Block's views at length.

But when those members say that this thread is not worthy of this board and not worth following, why do they almost immediately post objections to anything that does not fall in line with Carson Block’s report? I don’t know what their agenda is, but I really don’t think that our Board needs you as censors for what is acceptable for board members to read and what is not. Our moderator is perfectly capable of doing that. However, since he too has also initiated comment on TRE than, like myself and some others, we are all contributing to the fact that ..... “It's disgusting to see something that has fraud written all over it being touted over and over again on our board after good advice that the thread should be dropped.”

Personally I try to keep an open mind and learn from people on this board.  My posting on this thread is usually only to show that there is another side to this controversy other than Block's which seems to be so well promoted here. You guys seem to be long on innuendo and short on facts and then suggest that I am the one with the closed mind.

Whether TRE is a fraud or not remains to be seen, I suspect there is some truth to the accusations but not enough to call the company a complete fraud, Ponzi scheme, and thereby worthless. If the company should fail, it will more likely be caused by the accusations rather than by the facts revealed by the report.

As for Don Quixote is concerned, the only vision problems are of the tunnel variety that comes from believing too much of what some self promoting shyster says.

Oops, I didn't mean to suggest that Sanjeev was siding with those who have been supporting Block's defenders. On the contrary if anything, he has made it pretty clear that he views that report as probably being rather biased. As with my posting about the Q2 results he has only posted reasonably reliable or interesting information on the subject.

I can see how my remark may have been misinterpreted. I added that quote to show that he, like you and myself were all adding to the “disgusting” comments on this thread. I will edit that to make it clearer.

I've let this thing go, because there really are no certifiable facts either way!  It's not a business I would go long or short on, as there are easier ways to make money. 

From what I've read of Block's report, which wasn't very good to begin with, I'm not convinced.  At the same time, TRE's management seems incompetent, and there certainly does seem to be gaps in their ability to find information about their own business.  If you need something from me urgently, I will find it for you personally, so why the heck is it taking so long? 

Personally, I think both are idiots...Block and TRE management...so the truth may very well be somewhere in the middle.  Hope Block loses his shirt and Chandler bounces TRE's management.  Until then, everyone be nice to each other until you have verifiable information to gloat either way.  ;D  Cheers! 

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Hester

Waiting for the I told you so...

I told you so ;D (Well not you particularly Myth)

What happened guys, I thought Chandler was going to come in and turn things around!!! ;D :o

Guest Hester

Ok guys, HRBN is next.

Man those shorts were responsible for the company being a fraud!  Short attack strikes again!

Believe it or not, some people (probably none here though) will believe that. I argued with people on Seeking Alpha after CCME was halted, who were convinced that the months long halt was a ploy by management to kill the shorts. This is after the resignations. Then, when the stock retraded, some still blamed MW, saying that they wouldn't have invested if the MW report and the short opinions weren't so erroneous and mistake ridden!

I hope Dr. Patrick Byrne takes on this case!

lol

Guest Hester

I still don't like Block though.  ;D  Cheers!

He isn't exactly a saint I'm sure but you cannot deny what he did here has good social utility. He has saved future investors (who buy the debt/stock offerings) maybe billions, and stopped criminal foreign looting of North American capital markets.

Guest Hester

It's going to be interesting to see if debtholders can find any meat left on the rotten carcase. This gets to the extent of the fraud.. There has to be some trees somewhere that now belong to the debt owners.

It's going to be interesting to see if debtholders can find any meat left on the rotten carcase. This gets to the extent of the fraud.. There has to be some trees somewhere that now belong to the debt owners.

Heh, I think the crux of the problem is that there were no trees belonging to anyone  ;)

Guest Hester
The Ontario Securities Commission has issued a stunning reversal of an order issued earlier today, saying it has rescinded a requirement for five directors and officers to resign from embattled Sino-Forest Corp. (TRE-T4.81----%)

The OSC did not explain the reversal in its brief statement, which said only that it has removed the term from its temporary order requiring five officers of the company to resign their jobs.

weird indeed

A couple of can't-miss paragraphs there...

The commission also revealed Friday that Sino-Forest recently suspended Mr. Ho, Mr. Hung and Mr. Yeung temporarily and curtailed Mr. Ip’s duties and responsibilities.

The committee completed an interim report, which went to the company’s board on Aug. 11, but the findings of that report have never been made public. The OSC release does not say whether the commission has received the report or whether the moves announced Friday stemmed from those findings.

The rescission seems attributable to legal technicalities more than anything. The Ontario Securities Act doesn’t allow the commission to force the resignation of a corporate officer in a temporary order without a hearing.