Sandridge 3q results

Zorrofan

Ward is a busy man. I looked at the upcoming events for my holdings and he is at no less than 8 conferences before year end. Someone wants that SP up. I guess he is trying to get the world up and hope for a big announcement at one of those.

Nov 9, 2010

Boenning & Scattergood Energy Conference - SD

- Add to calendar

Nov 11, 2010

Shareholders Meeting - WDC

11:00AM EST - Add to calendar

Nov 12, 2010

Bank of America Merrill Lynch Global Energy Conference - SD

8:45AM EST - Add to calendar

Nov 16, 2010

Barclays Capital Energy, Engineering and Construction One Day Forum - SD

- Add to calendar

Nov 17, 2010

UBS Energy Mini-Conference - SD

- Add to calendar

Nov 18, 2010

Bank of America Merrill Lynch Credit Conference - SD

- Add to calendar

Dec 3, 2010

JPMorgan SMid Cap Conference - SD

- Add to calendar

Dec 7, 2010

Capital One Southcoast, Inc Energy Conference - SD

- Add to calendar

Dec 8, 2010

Wells Fargo Securities Pipeline, MLP and Energy Symposium - SD

I really like the fact that Prem owns in his personal accounts.

1. Following the transactions reported herein, 277,000 Common Shares are held directly by V. Prem Watsa and the remaining Common Shares are held by subsidiaries of Fairfax Financial Holdings Limited, including 5,849,400 Common Shares held by Odyssey America Reinsurance Corporation and its subsidiaries.

FFH holdings of SD common have bounced all over the place.  They are much more steady with their holdings of the 6% convertible preferred (2 million shares - 18.4m common) and the 8.5% conv. preferred (912,500 shares - 11.382m common).

From April 2010 when they sold 7m shares of common and had only 4.2m shares, they now have 15.4m shares of common?  Not sure how they did that and only filed one Form 4.

From April 2010 when they sold 7m shares of common and had only 4.2m shares, they now have 15.4m shares of common?  Not sure how they did that and only filed one Form 4.

I'm not sure how they pulled this one off, or if there is an error in the filings. Last 13-F showed only 3.9 million shares. Last Form 4 shows 15.4 million shares. The one form 4 filed recently noted 2 transactions for 1.2 million shares. Pretty big gap there.

Do you have to file at the 5% mark?

This seems to have pushed them right over 10%. Maybe they spread the purchases around to avoid triggers and had to file when they hit 10%. This is fairly significant if you add the converts and I am thinking they may have participated in the private placement.

Think about what this does for the subs. Getting a 7-9% yield in this market is amazing vs. tbills and corporate bonds.

9   AGGREGATE AMOUNT BENEFICIALLY OWNED BY EACH REPORTING PERSON

10   CHECK IF THE AGGREGATE AMOUNT IN ROW (9) EXCLUDES CERTAIN SHARES (SEE INSTRUCTIONS)

o

11   PERCENT OF CLASS REPRESENTED BY AMOUNT IN ROW (9)

10.1%

----

Perhaps I am misreading the filings.

Do you have to file at the 5% mark?

The 13-G is for when you cross the 5% mark. The form 4 is for 10%.

On the 13-G, shares reported as beneficially owned include shares issuable upon conversion of certain convertible securities (it seems, even though they are below conversion price). The form 4, i believe, just lists the plain old common. That appears to be the discrepancy. Correct me if i missed something.

Very good presentation.

http://www.veracast.com/webcasts/bas/energy2010/id76965240.cfm

Perhaps Ward hasnt lost his marbles. I will keep my leaps and will probably rotate into 2013 on a pullback. Hopefully they can pull in a jv on the Miss, where the partner pays for the drilling.

I cant wait to see the asset sells which should come out over the next few months.

Very good presentation.

http://www.veracast.com/webcasts/bas/energy2010/id76965240.cfm

Perhaps Ward hasnt lost his marbles. I will keep my leaps and will probably rotate into 2013 on a pullback. Hopefully they can pull in a jv on the Miss, where the partner pays for the drilling.

I cant wait to see the asset sells which should come out over the next few months.

Maybe i've lost my marbles, but it seems that Ward has a plan for really building shareholder value. He just needs to execute. The next few quarters may be key to showing if SD can pull it off.

cheers

Zorro

wow.. that's good news.

But remember, they have FBK too. ;D

I follow gurufocus.com a lot for the SEC filings, It's a great source of ideas for me as I am trying to learn from successful managers right now.  Is there a similar site for international filings?  I ask because FBK is listed on the TSE so I assumed your getting that from canada's equivalent to the edgar filing system?

Quick question, as I'm just getting my head around this company.  What happened 2-3 years ago?  The stock took a dive from $65 way down very fast. 

Thanks for any info.

Nat gas was $16 in 2005, now its $3 and some change. SD at that point was over 95% nat gas and its gas is not low cost due to having alot of CO2.

Ward worked fast and switched to oil, I think he avoided a take under or bankruptcy but the stock still got crushed.