SandRidge to Acquire Arena Resources

Grenville

• 1 month later...

Sandridge is in a tough spot. I think they need Arena more than Arena needs them. I never saw what Arena was getting out of the deal.

The net asset value of Sandridge far exceeds it's market value. Arena is getting a very undervalued set of natural gas and other assets. I think Arena shareholders are getting a heck of deal, considering Arena is much closer to being fairly valued. Sandridge shareholders, on the other hand, are getting diversification, hedged oil production, & reduced leverage. Though Sandridge isn't in as bad a liquidity crunch as many are saying. Its debt doesn't even begin to start coming due till 2014/2015. And if it wanted to reduce costs it could JV out some of the future projects with little risk and much fewer expenses(though they would have to share the operating income on those projects). The merger is a win-win in my opinion.

Long SD.

Sandridge is in a tough spot. I think they need Arena more than Arena needs them. I never saw what Arena was getting out of the deal.

The net asset value of Sandridge far exceeds it's market value. Arena is getting a very undervalued set of natural gas and other assets. I think Arena shareholders are getting a heck of deal, considering Arena is closer to being more fairly valued. Sandridge shareholders, on the other hand, are getting diversification, hedged oil production, & reduced leverage. Though Sandridge isn't in as bad a liquidity crunch as many are saying. Its debt doesn't even begin to start coming due till 2014/2015. The merger is a win-win in my opinion.

Long SD.

I agree that Arena is fully valued at 1.6 billion (23$/barrel)/450 million shares= 3.55/share

Legacy Sandridge  has 105 million barrels or 2.4 billion @ 23$/barrel = 5.33/share

680 BCF x 1.80 =  3.06/share

Gives you a full value of 11.94 less 6.11/share in proforma debt gets you about $5.83 in asset value per share.

• 5 weeks later...

I think Arena shareholders vote on the 16th of this month, and the "go shop" period for Arena to solicit other offers expired yesterday

Also, SD sold deap rights to part of its Oklahoma properties today (or at least signed an LOE to do so) for $140MM . . . This is an asset with no reserves associated with it and no value ascribed to it, yet they are selling part of it for $140MM, which is about $0.33 of value for the combined SD/ARD company on a fully diluted basis.

• 1 month later...

I bet lots of the selling recently is from ARD shareholders, the deal April 4 valued ARD at around around 37 bucks.

Now, is 4.77 x $3.4 less = about 20 bucks. They probably think Tom screwed them.

I am deeply underwater on this one too. I think the drop is also because it's almost impossible to project cash flow on this company.

Shifting oil to ng or vice versa is it makes it impossible to do so.

And with debt load like SD, if u can't project cash flow, it's hard to convince analysts to buy in.

Unless the company gives guidance and stick to it, but that's what the company doesn't want to do!