Happy 93rd birthday to Warren Buffett on August 30!

Buffett_Groupie

Buffett was 66 when we bought the first share and we expect at least another 6 years of compounding before he reaches Munger's current age.

Prem Watsa is 20 years younger than Buffett, thus we expect another 2 decades of compounding before he reaches Buffett's current age.

Long live to all value investors!

10 minutes ago, Buffett_Groupie said:

Buffett was 66 when we bought the first share and we expect at least another 6 years of compounding before he reaches Munger's current age.

Prem Watsa is 20 years younger than Buffett, thus we expect another 2 decades of compounding before he reaches Buffett's current age.

Yes...happy birthday to the GOAT!  Cheers!

26 minutes ago, Buffett_Groupie said:

It sounds like you first bought Berkshire shares around the same time that I did, and I felt very late to the party. A year or so later I recall Michael Eisner handing out Disney/Berkshire pins at the meeting. Seemed nice enough. I also remember seeing folks the next year or two at the annual meeting, and in the Omaha bar district, with yellow-Brkers hats on. Can’t imagine anyone on this board knows who that might have been. Lol. 

36 minutes ago, KPO said:

It sounds like you first bought Berkshire shares around the same time that I did, and I felt very late to the party. A year or so later I recall Michael Eisner handing out Disney/Berkshire pins at the meeting. Seemed nice enough. I also remember seeing folks the next year or two at the annual meeting, and in the Omaha bar district, with yellow-Brkers hats on. Can’t imagine anyone on this board knows who that might have been. Lol. 

There were three Yellow BRK'ers hats originally...my friend John Zemanovich (Lotsofcoke) had one...John Gartmann had one...and the third belonged to someone else...maybe Farmer Lyle, Sherrie Gregorie or Marlin.  Cheers!

2 hours ago, Munger_Disciple said:

Happy Birthday Warren! We will raise toast with what else, Cherry Coke. May you live well past 100!

I bought my first share in Berkshire 21+ years ago. 

I bought my first shares over 23 years ago (Feb 2000). I remember that Warren's longevity was a concern even back then, but he has easily outperformed actuarial expectations since!

https://www.businessinsider.in/investment/news/warren-buffett-turns-90-today-here-are-5-of-the-legendary-investors-best-birthday-stories-/articleshow/103206533.cms

"At my last birthday, somebody asked me how old I was," the investor recalled during Berkshire's annual shareholders' meeting in 1998. "And I said, 'Well, why don't you just count the candles on the cake?' And he said he was driven back by the heat."