Anyone else sitting on a lot of cash?

Sweet

7 hours ago, scorpioncapital said:

"+1.  With foreign stocks, your biggest asset is that you don't live there; hence, you can temporarily see what locals cannot."

I take the opposite view. It is the biggest disadvantage. I assume the locals know much better than the foreigners their culture and weakness or strengths.

We were referring to the well-known phenomenon that it is hard to see your own mistakes, you really need an independent set of eyes to see them; and independence doesn't get much better, when you're also looking at it from a strong and independent culture (USA). However, it is not a guarantee that you will be right!; you just have a better set of glasses!!

SD 

18 hours ago, ValueArb said:

I keep a list of ideas ranked by discount to intrinsic value and estimated annual return. I never even reach 20% cash, I am regularly selling my lowest expectation ideas to move their funds into higher expected return ideas.

How many stocks are on that list and how well do you know them?

7 hours ago, Sweet said:

How many stocks are on that list and how well do you know them?

17 on list, they are all net-nets, and I've read all of their financial reports for the last year and have alerts so I can read every new filing they make and any news stories that mention them same day.

I expect to grow the list in size quite a bit in the next few months, I've only been investing full time for a month and a half, prior to that I was only able to do it on weekends and it was really hard to find time even then.

11 hours ago, Paarslaars said:

Congratz on making that transition though! Hoping to do the same in 10 years from now.

Thanks! I've been planning on doing it for the last couple years, it took this long to get my financial house in order, and only time will tell if I jumped too early.