Fearless Golf - Dr Gio Valiante

Saluki

This seems like a strange recommendation, by I'm getting a lot of value out of this book. In addition to being a performance psychologist to most of the top PGA golfers, he's also a coach for Point72, and the parallels between top performers in any discipline are really interesting.  This book is about Golf, not investing, but you can easily apply the mindset and habit adjustments to investing (or tennis, or bike racing, or surgery, or battle).  Really interesting read, and above is a video where he talks about applying the principles to investing, which is NOT discussed in the book.

15 minutes ago, Saluki said:

the parallels between top performers in any discipline are really interesting

Thanks, this is something I'm interested in.

Here's another similar podcast episode:

Decision Making at Mach-2: An Air Force Fighter Pilot Teaches *You* To Think Clearly | Hasard Lee

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/decision-making-at-mach-2-an-air-force-fighter-pilot/id794030859?i=1000608572846

For example, relaxation is an important concept in the quest for top performance.

I'm sure there are some fighter pilots and golfers here 👋

Thanks. There are definitely parallels and many things I learned via sports earlier in life have helped me with investing. Discipline, pattern recognition reading the plays, taking high risk/high reward shots. Throwing one in the dirt on 0-2, etc. 

Just finished listening to the podcast. As I expected, it's mostly about what ancient philosophers already figured out, with modern examples of

fear, attachment, ego, mindfulness, letting go, meditation, etc. Nothing bad about selling value-add services based on ancient philosophy 🧐

Edited by formthirteen

• Parsad changed the title to Fearless Golf - Dr Gio Valiante