Chanticleer Holdings

Hawk4value

Is the normal ticker CCLR (OTC) or CCLR.OB? Google finance tells me it is down 30%, standing at $2.75 atm.

Surely I am missing something and there is another stock quote with real liquidity?  :P ???

Yeah, that's what Google tells me too (Yahoo as well).  I prefer to believe Fidelity in this case.

• 2 weeks later...

This article apparently written by Chanticleer employee, Joe Koster (write Brk.b, BAC, SHLD, HNR puts):

http://seekingalpha.com/article/316363-4-good-candidates-for-cash-secured-puts?source=yahoo

Neither I nor any investment product I co-manage have sold puts on the stocks mentioned in this article. The company where I work - Chanticleer Holdings, Inc. - has just launched a registered investment advisor, Chanticleer Investment Partners, LLC. This entity will start accepting outside capital next month and at least one of the strategies will consider selling puts when the situation is attractive. More details on this entity will follow within a couple of weeks. This is not a recommendation to buy or sell a security. Please do your own research before making an investment decision.

• 1 year later...

What are realistic sales and EBITDA margins like for international Hooters restaurants compared to what the US concepts might be?

I imagine EBITDA margins are lower than BWLD right now as Hooters was a struggling concept and HIG typically buys semi-turnarounds out of their buyout funds.

BWLD has roughly 15% EBITDA margins. If Hooters has 10% EBITDA margins and does $2.3m per store roughly in the US, the average US store does $230k in EBITDA.

I doubt the concept does the volume it does in the US because, while the emerging markets growth story is hot and sounds great, the average person in Africa and Brazil has much less disposable income to spend on wings and beer. They will need to grow the store count a lot going forward and one must believe in the growth story.