NKLA motors up 100% today---Is founder the next Elisabeth Holmes or Henry Ford

Guest jalebijim

It seems market is weighing heavily on the pre-order of 14,000 trucks that includes the cost of fuel...

Apparently people are saying 1999 was still worse, but if that’s the case, I’m just flabbergasted.

I think 2020 is far worse than 1999. Compared to what’s going on right now pets.com looks viable in retrospect. I think it should just IPO again and I bet it would surge because if the nostalgia value.

What's making you say that 2020 is worse than 1999?

I remember stories on places like 20/20 (or something) about how much money people were making.

20/20 is so 1999. They don't go in 20/20 anymore. I think these may be for the history books so we can talk about them in 2039. Enjoy :)

It seems market is weighing heavily on the pre-order of 14,000 trucks that includes the cost of fuel...

Apparently people are saying 1999 was still worse, but if that’s the case, I’m just flabbergasted.

I think 2020 is far worse than 1999. Compared to what’s going on right now pets.com looks viable in retrospect. I think it should just IPO again and I bet it would surge because if the nostalgia value.

I remember stories on places like 20/20 (or something) about how much money people were making.

20/20 is so 1999. They don't go in 20/20 anymore. I think these may be for the history books so we can talk about them in 2039. Enjoy :)

haha fair enough! ;)

Well, we have the stock market of 1999 and the economy of 2001 (  after 9/11) at the same time. Add to this a government about as competent as the Weimar Republik’s if you care.

For completeness,

RobinHood analysis:

Tesla: $950

Nikola: $100

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nikola_Tesla

Buy Nikola!!

At least this one looks like a truck!

It looks sort of like a Toyota, much better looking than the Tesla truck thing.  But given the choice between all electric or hydrogen fuel cell, I'll take the all electric plug-in.  I don't think this is going anywhere because hydrogen fuel cells are a non-starter.  Nowhere to fuel up and not as environmentally friendly.  It takes energy to produce, bottle, and distribute hydrogen gas.  We already have the electric grid tied into our homes and some even have solar panels on their homes already, not to mention the existing charging stations on the road.

Well, we have the stock market of 1999 and the economy of 2001 (  after 9/11) at the same time. Add to this a government about as competent as the Weimar Republik’s if you care.

For completeness,

I just don't think we have a stock market of 1999 (nor the sequel to the Weimar Republik). Valuations aren't where they were then and neither are interest rates. I value your insights, spek. You've been doing this longer than I have but I just think that comparisons to 1999 are off (though there are some similarities).