Howard Buffett

StubbleJumper

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have to say I did find this part of the wikipedia entry pretty funny:

"In January 2019, the Phoenix New Times ran a 27 page investigative report detailing Howard Buffet's use of his father's money to buy himself a position in the Cochise Country, Arizona Sheriffs Department in order to conduct vigilante operations against migrants in the borderlands. These operations include the stockpiling of weapons and a questionable defoliation campaign.[14] Part two of this incredible story is due out later this week!"

Awfully hard to tell who added that bit to his bio

I and my family have large chunk of our net worth in BRK - I am fully comfortable with Howard Graham Buffett on the BRK board. I don't know about this article - looks like a click bait type of thing. This is the problem with even mainstream press...

Here is his profile in Wikipedia - I believe he is eminently qualified to be non executive chairman of Berkshire.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Howard_Graham_Buffett

Note that he has been awarded "The Order of the Aztec Eagle" award by the Mexican government.

The Order of the Aztec Eagle (Spanish: Orden Mexicana del Águila Azteca) forms part of the Mexican Honours System and is the highest Mexican order awarded to foreigners in the country.

I think people failed to read this. They're off on a tangent.

I thought that Part II was already out?  In the second part, the author takes a few e-mails that he probably obtain through a freedom of information request and then he uses those e-mails to hint that Buffett might be a racist or might be involved in neo-nazi groups.  That seems like a bit of a reach to me.

yes part II is out but probably not when that person edited Howard's wiki page.  What I gathered from the historical Warren Buffett documents they published was that Warren and Susie were supportive when it was about abortion and stopped supporting the controversial figure when he moved towards being controversial.  "Once supported" is another way of saying "stopped supporting."  But we all know Charlie is racist so I'm sure Warren and Susie are/were as well.  I mean, who's not?  What a hypocrite this Buffett joker

• 1 month later...

But...but this doesn't fit the narrative that he's a racist and bigot. This can't be right!

haha John (sorry just now saw your reply). Not sure about the tweeting! That's too advanced for me. I'm lucky when I can remember my login for this site. ;)

• 2 months later...
Guest longinvestor

http://a.co/gVcmTQ3

Howard Buffett has written a book on the topic; "Our 50 State Border Crisis"; Released April 3. I picked up a copy at the annual meeting. Want to hear it from the horse's mouth.

Heidi Heitkamp, Senator from SD in the foreword; All writers have biases, Howard's bias is for facts

For those who are deeply concerned with the safety and security of the United States and want to understand how to better achieve it; For best results, check your ideology and preconceptions at the door.

Cindy McCain has written the preface on behalf of the McCain Institute.