European No-Go Zones Real Or Fictious?

BG2008

Here is my take on no-go zones:

1) They are real but they primarily impact government and police not tourists and this is why when you look for who actually complains about this...its all quotes from government and police.

2) Tourist people will never observe a no-go zone both because they aren't in places most people go and because they have no impact on normal people. A normal person would be unmolested in a no-go zone. But Police or government might have so many problems in no-go zones that they can't do their jobs effectively.

AFAIK, every single comment in this thread agrees with the statements above.

But, to imply that no-go zones don't exist or aren't a problem is ridiculous. A large number of the terrorists in Europe were found to come from  no-go zones....like for instance this one:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sint-Jans-Molenbeek#Terrorism

Molenbeek is 5 square kilometers is size. Europe is 10.18 million square kilometers. Moleenbeek has 96000 people. Europe has 400 million people. So the probability of someone coming from Moleenbeek is

96000/400000000= 0.02% and yet the following terrorist incidents all involve terrorists coming from this one single area:

According to Le Monde, the assassins who killed anti-Taliban commander Ahmed Shah Massoud both came from Molenbeek.[12] Hassan el-Haski, one of the 2004 Madrid terror bombers came from Molenbeek.[13][14] The perpetrator of the Jewish Museum of Belgium shooting, Mehdi Nemmouche, lived in Molenbeek for a time.[15] Ayoub El Khazzani, the perpetrator of the 2015 Thalys train attack, stayed with his sister in Molenbeek.[16] French police believe the weapons used in the Porte de Vincennes siege the same day as the Charlie Hebdo shooting were sourced from Molenbeek.[17] The bombers of the November 2015 Paris attacks were also traced to Molenbeek;[18] during the Molenbeek capture of Salah Abdeslam, an accomplice of the Paris bombers, protesters "threw stones and bottles at police and press during the arrest", stated the Interior Minister of Belgium, Jan Jambon.[19] Oussama Zariouh, the bomber of Brussels Central Station in June 2017,[20] lived in Molenbeek.[21]...At least three of the terrorists in the November 2015 Paris attacks — the brothers Brahim and Salah Abdeslam, alleged accomplice Mohamed Abrini, and the alleged mastermind Abdelhamid Abaaoud — are men who grew up and lived in Molenbeek.

So obviously there is a huge problem in Molenbeek and it is a real life no-go zone. Incidentally the Paris and Madrid attacks alone account for more than 300 people killed and that is in a space of around 11 years. School mass shootings (>3 people dead in a single incident) in the US have a total death toll over 4 decades of less than 300.

So all the lefties ringing their hands over US school shooting seem oddly complacent about the European no-go zones though they seem to be causing far more mass death  and at a vastly faster rate than all the mass school shootings happening in the US.

If Moleenbeek is a no-go zone, I'm not sure how I made the round trip from Brussels center city to the Atomium in one piece. Lucky, I guess.

The reality is that 'no-go' zones are much like boils. Intially the toxicity concentrates in one place & is just uncomfortable; but if you don't deal with it - it grows, and ultimately can kill you. And it's not the people - the most honest starving person in the world will steal to feed their children when there's no other choice; they have nothing to lose.

SD

If Moleenbeek is a no-go zone, I'm not sure how I made the round trip from Brussels center city to the Atomium in one piece. Lucky, I guess.

Feel like I answered that already....

1) They are real but they primarily impact government and police not tourists and this is why when you look for who actually complains about this...its all quotes from government and police.

2) Tourist people will never observe a no-go zone both because they aren't in places most people go and because they have no impact on normal people. A normal person would be unmolested in a no-go zone. But Police or government might have so many problems in no-go zones that they can't do their jobs effectively.

And to add to that from alwaysinvert:

You are correct, the direct problems with no-go zones (clan culture, Islamism, mob-like crime gangs, etc) primarily impact the inhabitants of the no-go zones.

So the primary impact on people who are:

1) Government officials

2) Police

3) Long-term inhabitants of the area

4) The people who die in terrorist bombings

Tourists will be pretty much ok. Which explains why you didn't have a problem.

Feel like I answered that already....

And to add to that from alwaysinvert:

You are correct, the direct problems with no-go zones (clan culture, Islamism, mob-like crime gangs, etc) primarily impact the inhabitants of the no-go zones.

So the primary impact on people who are:

1) Government officials

2) Police

3) Long-term inhabitants of the area

4) The people who die in terrorist bombings

Tourists will be pretty much ok. Which explains why you didn't have a problem.

so you've been to moleenbeek, yes? Rode the tram through town? Looked at the folks getting on the trains during those stops? Maybe you answered it already...