Where are the pot investors of CoBF?

Cardboard

I do agree that there will be regulation around this and I don't know the right comparison. But marijuana is a lot easier to grow than tobacco. If college students can do it when it's banned it ain't that hard.

I do agree that there will be regulation around this and I don't know the right comparison. But marijuana is a lot easier to grow than tobacco. If college students can do it when it's banned it ain't that hard.

Yes, that is why I was struggling to make a comparison.  The product itself as far as the regulations are probably going to be closer to tobacco or alcohol, but the ease of producing it yourself is much closer to backyard tomatoes.

Cardboard,

I sabotaged the thread...because of my outside annoyance of what is happening. My understanding of most private business is certainly in my circle of confidence as I have run many and dealt with the variables....I can assure you pot stocks are a bubble. I was approached to start a business in 2014...the economics are dreadful. I feel no regret or jealousy...in fact I am cheering on many people very close to me who have made and are making a fortune on it!

In the words of Mr. Buffett crypto currencies are out of my circle of  competance...I will speculate l8ke Mr. Buffett given the opportunity to buy a 5 year put option on bitcoin if it ever becomes available. I don’t think those that are so confident in it will privately write a put option for me to buy...but if an6 of you are I am willing to discuss it seriously.

I will start another thread on instruments to short this stuff...when it becomes available. I will exit this one I apologize I took it off course.

Dazel

Cardboard,

I sabotaged the thread...because of my outside annoyance of what is happening. My understanding of most private business is certainly in my circle of confidence as I have run many and dealt with the variables....I can assure you pot stocks are a bubble. I was approached to start a business in 2014...the economics are dreadful. I feel no regret or jealousy...in fact I am cheering on many people very close to me who have made and are making a fortune on it!

In the words of Mr. Buffett crypto currencies are out of my circle of  competance...I will speculate l8ke Mr. Buffett given the opportunity to buy a 5 year put option on bitcoin if it ever becomes available. I don’t think those that are so confident in it will privately write a put option for me to buy...but if an6 of you are I am willing to discuss it seriously.

I will start another thread on instruments to short this stuff...when it becomes available. I will exit this one I apologize I took it off course.

Dazel

Would you be willing to write a 5 year $15k call?

I'd be willing to pay up for a 5 year put at $5k, but wouldn't sell a naked call because the scenario where I'm wrong BTC has no upper limit.

The seller of a $5k put has a maximum of $5k downside. I would definitely be willing to sell a BTC call at $15k paired with a long call  at $20k. (Bear call spead)

No I would like to buy a put i think I was clear...the price of that put matters. So the amount I am willing to speculate depends on the price and the duration obviously. There are not Puts available yet with any duration.

I won't be writing any puts.  If I could at a reasonable cost I'd buy 5yr $20K calls and 5yr $5K puts.  I'm almost positive that in 5 years BTC will either be way above $20k (like $100k+) or way less than $5k (like close to or equal to $0).

No I would like to buy a put i think I was clear...the price of that put matters. So the amount I am willing to speculate depends on the price and the duration obviously. There are not Puts available yet with any duration.

I won't be writing any puts.  If I could at a reasonable cost I'd buy 5yr $20K calls and 5yr $5K puts.  I'm almost positive that in 5 years BTC will either be way above $20k (like $100k+) or way less than $5k (like close to or equal to $0).

That does seem like the best (hypothetical) way to play bitcoin.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Those puts are worth a lot of money.....and they will be worth a lot more. Hopefully there was a lesson learned and those that were looking at buying pot stocks and Bitcoin did not. That was my intention...