Ever think of moving to Canada?

Smazz

How did this become a Tiger Woods thread?  ???

Eric, thanks for posting (below) I will check some of those places out also! ;D 

About Canada, can non-citizens purchase a home? I'd like to buy a house in Vancouver or Montreal and rent it out for 9 month periods.

I thought about buying a second home a year ago; fortunately I looked harder at VRBO.COM and that talked me out of it.  Just rent a place for 3 months.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not using condoms?  Sleeping with average looking women (some of the new ones are ghastly)?  Chasing women around the clubs when you're married.  Doing all this when your wife is pregnant and about to give birth?  This is not a one time deal here, but a string of over a dozen women. 

Is that the main character from Mad Men? :)

How did this become a Tiger Woods thread? 

Sorry Smazz, That would be my doing.... Early on I was questioning why anyone would want to live in Canada since we dont have Tiger Woods...  :P

I actually think the women he is alleged to be associated with are fairly hot, considering none of them are airbrushed for photos or anything.  More than a couple of them kind of resemble his wife.

A. 

Guest Broxburnboy

I guess we should view the Tiger story as a morality play. The moral - don`t think with your little head..let the big one do the heavy lifting.

Cheers

Re living in lovely Vancouver:  I learned from another thread that people in Vancouver

are indebted to Alfred Nobel for the circumstance that they now live in Canada rather than

the United States.  It seems that the Canadian Pacific railway would never have been able

to punch through The Rocky Mountains in the late 1800's without using dynamite, invented

by Nobel and that the treaty setting the western boundary between Canada and the US

at the end of the 19th cent. would almost certainly have ceded BC to the US were it not

for the railroad connection.

This was quite a surprise.  I had always thought that BC was part of the US. --

-- the 51st State!

How did this become a Tiger Woods thread? 

Sorry Smazz, That would be my doing.... Early on I was questioning why anyone would want to live in Canada since we dont have Tiger Woods...   :P

I

lol,

you're always causin' trouble Al! ;D

twacowfca: Re. Vancouver, Noble and Dynamite, I did not know that.

But what about Victoria? No Dynamite needed there- and I think that is the most beautiful part of BC all in.

Guest kawikaho

-- the 51st State!

Man, I wouldn't be making those kind of assertions on here.  :-)  I heard Canadians hate being referred to as the 51st State. 

-- the 51st State!

Man, I wouldn't be making those kind of assertions on here.  :-)   I heard Canadians hate being referred to as the 51st State. 

Only when the speaker is somebody who lives in the 11th province.

-- the 51st State!

Man, I wouldn't be making those kind of assertions on here.  :-)   I heard Canadians hate being referred to as the 51st State. 

Only when the speaker is somebody who lives in the 11th province.

I've always found this very amusing..  The funny thing is that when an American says "Canada is like the 51st State" they are basically giving Canadians the biggest compliment they could possibly give anyone.  They mean it like "hey you're one of us!  you're our brothers and sisters!".  But saying "Canada's the 51st state" is about the one thing Canadian's hate to hear!  I've seen so many Americans say this to Canadians who are then angered by what was meant to be a compliment :-)

It's really pretty amusing to see this over and over again :-)

About Canada, can non-citizens purchase a home? I'd like to buy a house in Vancouver or Montreal and rent it out for 9 month periods.

I thought about buying a second home a year ago; fortunately I looked harder at VRBO.COM and that talked me out of it.  Just rent a place for 3 months.

I've used VRBO several times in the past couple of years and recommended it to friends who have used it also. We have not had a bad experience yet so I recommend it. Nevertheless, I still hesitate and wonder whether I am going to get ripped off whenever I make the downpayment. Much cheaper and definitely more comfortable than staying in a hotel room esp if you are stayiong more than a week.

I've always found this very amusing..  The funny thing is that when an American says "Canada is like the 51st State" they are basically giving Canadians the biggest compliment they could possibly give anyone.  They mean it like "hey you're one of us!  you're our brothers and sisters!".  But saying "Canada's the 51st state" is about the one thing Canadian's hate to hear!  I've seen so many Americans say this to Canadians who are then angered by what was meant to be a compliment :-)

It's really pretty amusing to see this over and over again :-)

Quite true from my experience too. I was once told by a girl from Boston, that I had an accent! I'm from Toronto, I never thought we spoke funny up here. Maybe it was just me  :P My experience in the American cities I've visited have most been great. I like it in the Bay area, but nothing beats Vegas.

I've used VRBO several times in the past couple of years and recommended it to friends who have used it also. We have not had a bad experience yet so I recommend it. Nevertheless, I still hesitate and wonder whether I am going to get ripped off whenever I make the downpayment. Much cheaper and definitely more comfortable than staying in a hotel room esp if you are stayiong more than a week.

Thats great info OEC2000. Thanks for sharing.

Anyone else ever use this service?

Thats great info OEC2000. Thanks for sharing.

Anyone else ever use this service?

Smaz I have used VRBO many times and I can say my experience has been 100% positive.