"AntiFragile" Portfolio

investmd

Anti Fragile in the Talebian sense doesn't mean something that survives disaster and comes out stronger long term, but something that benefits immediately from it.  Such as gold or bitcoin if the US Dollar or the US Government collapses.  I think an anti-fragile stock portfolio would consist of nothing but long term out of the money calls and puts to benefit from a black swan event in either direction.  The only way you lose money is if nothing much happens.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I consider my portfolio to be very anti-fragile. The four largest positions in my stock portfolio:

BRK

BAM

Russian stock index

XON (synthetic biology company.)

I sleep very well at night. I would welcome a 50% correction in U.S. stock prices. Inflation, no big deal. Technological change, bring it on. Western economies crumble under expanding social programs, sad but I'll be Ok. No debt.

Do you have any other investments in Russia, besides the index?

I consider my portfolio to be very anti-fragile. The four largest positions in my stock portfolio:

BRK

BAM

Russian stock index

XON (synthetic biology company.)

I sleep very well at night. I would welcome a 50% correction in U.S. stock prices. Inflation, no big deal. Technological change, bring it on. Western economies crumble under expanding social programs, sad but I'll be Ok. No debt.

My anti-fragile portfolio is concentrated in assets experiencing 0.5 to 1 per cent exponential growth in value per day (Bitcoin etc.) plus cash then buy the exponential growth assets on the dips which seem to occur quarterly. I also hold old silver mines with hot springs and timber for the same reason Hindenburg's family invested mostly in timber pre WW1 namely the end of empires are dangerous periods. And minimal debt. More debt would be riskier. It seems to be working pretty good so far. Anti-fragile is a great book.