If you use Google Finance, now might be the time to...

Liberty

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

https://finance.google.ca/ has not changed. Try it out

I know, I think it's probably temporary, maybe unless they get enough backlash.

They've announced the change, and this morning they started redirecting to the new one. I think we're in the middle of the transition to the new thing.

They should've just updated the charts from flash to HTML5 and left it alone for another 10 years...

https://finance.google.ca/ has not changed. Try it out

When Yahoo "improved" Yahoo finance, the Canadian Yahoo finance site also had old setup for a while. And then they changed it to new. So don't expect Google's .ca to remain with old functionality.

The U.S. finance is also still unchanged, it was linked above.

But I'm sure it won't be long before it's gone, both the Canadian and U.S.

You'd think with all the smart people they're meant to have at Google, they'd be able to make a site with a decent design.  The new site is UGLY.  The main font is too big.  I mean, this is not rocket science...

The old site is working at finance.google.co.uk too.

Hmm, I still see old Google finance with any link I use. Perhaps some setting in my browser makes them show old site.

Going to the direct URL still works. DOn't know for how long. I've been sending them feedback asking them to keep the separate site. I don't care if they add finance stuff in-search, but no reason to kill the old one when so many people use it and are fine with it. If they want to update it later, that's fine too.

If anyone has a replacement for quick view of several years balance sheet, Income, CF please post. Thanks

I just default to morningstar now.

TWS with the reuters add-in works very well (has more data too) and is quite cheap. Of course this means that you need to have TWS open. I liked google finance cause I can just do a quick lookup without needing to have TWS running.

If anyone has a replacement for quick view of several years balance sheet, Income, CF please post. Thanks

http://www.rocketfinancial.com has significantly more history and detail for the financial statements than Google Finance ever had.  Even allows you to toggle the statements to an "As Reported" format so that you can see the exact line items that the company used.

I also use rocketfinancial.

Whoever made that website deserves a beer.

Yeah, it's great. I use Google Finance for a totally different thing, though.

Sites like Rocket Financial, Morningstar, Gurufocus, etc, are good to have a lot of the financial statements in the same spot to quickly compare things, note trends, see some company-specific news, some ratios, etc.

Google Finance, to me, was the best place to have a bunch of watchlists and keep an eye on dozens and dozens of stocks with real-time updates and fast browsing when you click around. Not always the most productive thing, but just by quickly looking at things and bouncing between companies I've discovered things that I might not have discovered otherwise, so it has value.

I like Rocket Financial as well, but they only cover US stocks - so far. I've sent them a note to ask about data for other country stocks. No word back.

RF is great for the data on fundamentals. Google finance was great to have a long watchlist to keep an eye on.

For RF international data, look here and send them a email: http://www.rocketfinancial.com/InternationalData.aspx