Brexit, Trump, and now Italy wants to exit EU?

muscleman

Irish Times: Senior euro zone figures call for calm after Italian vote.

Translates for me to : "Crisis? - What crisis? -It's just a "permanent situation - Italian style"".

-To solve a problem one must first acknowledge its existence.

Oh well.

Exactly, Italy has always had fiery politics.  It amazes me that it runs as well as it does.  A testament to the Italian work ethic.  My personal impression from being there, for a month, a couple of years ago, is that everything runs 'Italian' style.  Underneath all the blather and BS is one of the worlds stronger economies. 

To me, the third lagerest bank of Italay, is now already dead: Please read [https://www.theguardian.com/world/2016/dec/09/crisis-hit-monte-dei-paschi-bank-refused-ecb-help]Here.

That's been true for a while. The really important question is how exactly is it going to die.

rb, thank you for quoting my post even before my own editing.

I just suppose a lot of staff is working overtime  right now - and during the weekend. "No sweat" comes to mind as when you arrive at home monday morning, after tripple all-nigtherts, and your spouse is happy to see you, despite your "odor".

This is bad - really bad.

To me, the third lagerest bank of Italay, is now already dead: Please read [https://www.theguardian.com/world/2016/dec/09/crisis-hit-monte-dei-paschi-bank-refused-ecb-help]Here.

That's been true for a while. The really important question is how exactly is it going to die.

rb, thank you for quoting my post even before my own editing.

I just suppose a lot of staff is working overtime  right now - and during the weekend. "No sweat" comes to mind as when you arrive at home monday morning, after tripple all-nigtherts, and your spouse is happy to see you, despite your "odor".

This is bad - really bad.

You are very correct good sir. Reminds me of when I was a banker in London in 08. Horrible time at work that took its toll. But it was always very nice when I got home :)

If the third lagerest bank is in trouble, we need to know more about what ales it.

tengen,

Italy's banking crisis is nearly upon us.

I've got an idea for some rough calculations based on content in the article above, and I will post them in this topic when done. As already mentioned, the calculations will be rough, and without any kind of validation of data/basis for all numbers of importance for the calculations.

- - - o 0 o - - -

Also:

The Economist : The Italian Job

BBC: Italy bank rescue marred by suicide and lost savings [old background information, from December 2015].

- - - o 0 o - - -

On a more personal note, this suicide thing makes me baffled. I mean: How can the loss of money trigger you to decide to end your own life, by hanging yourself? How is Italy treating their retired part of the population, that has done their part for moving for the country forward [lately - without much success]?

Perhaps this person was already suffering from the loss of the spouse, -I don't know.

[note to self/to do]Adding Italian banking related suicide to the endless and ever expanding list of things that John do not understand[/note to self/to do].

• 2 weeks later...