Would you trust Donald Trump to run Berkshire Hathaway if you were an investor?

Liberty
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

If you get over the representative, then you have to look at policies presented by each one to make your selection.

Cardboard

Basically it comes down to the risk and reward. I liked his stand on immigration and some component of foreign policy but then I realized he will either backpedal or completely screw up the implementation.He fights fire with fire and some of these issues will bring his worst. Do you think Democrats will not try to stir up racial angst if the reward is the Presidency? And Trump will be their best messenger. The guy has no filter between his brain and the mouth.That is a big risk.

No Sir, I am content with a tactful corrupt Hillary and the status quo.

Well put, I pretty much agree with your conclusion.

Not like Hillary is much better. A nice Times piece today linked the Clintons to Putin's grab of uranium assets. Real great for national security.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Additionally, I'm OK with the democratic platform. Life's been pretty good over the last 8 years. I don't foresee a change to the republican platform being that large of a shift."

With the kind of growth rate that I am envisioning under current policies, you will start to find life (stock market, I assume and wealth accumulation) turning to pretty poor over the next 4 to 8 years.

Trump has many issues, but someone needs to allow Americans to perform at their fullest. Regulation, excessive taxation of corporation, acceptance of mediocrity won't do the trick.

Cardboard

Not sure if this was already posted but it's a good commentary...

Sunday, October 2, 2016

Some comments on the New York Times story about Donald Trump's tax returns

Okay - I do not know whether Donald Trump had the wherewithal in 1995 to bear $916 million of losses personally. But I doubt it. (If he did his financial career is different from what is popularly accepted.)

So the alternative is the debt was forgiven in some way. But then the story the New York Times is running is wrong - because the $916 million of losses would not have survived the debt forgiveness and hence would have wiped out his NOLs and thus he would not be allowed to shelter his income for the next 18 years.

Unless that is there is an avoidance scheme the New York Times has not worked out. Those schemes go by the name of "debt parking".

Debt parking

Here is how debt parking works. ...

Now if Donald really has all those tax losses its pretty clear that the debt must be parked somewhere.

There is a vehicle out there (say an offshore trust or other undisclosed related party effectively controlled by Donald Trump) - which owns over $900 million in debt and is not bothering to collect it.

I do not have the time or energy to find that vehicle. But it is there. ...

http://brontecapital.blogspot.ca

"Trump team realizes it’s been played as WikiLeaks fails to come through with bombshells about Clinton"

http://news.nationalpost.com/news/world/trump-backers-realize-theyve-been-played-as-wikileaks-fails-to-come-through-with-bombshells-about-clinton

Oh no! How could someone promise that they're going to deliver something only for the publicity and then not actually do it.

Did Assange promote any hotels?