Mayweather - Pacquiao

matjone

Pacqiao's comments about winning the fight and "he was running away" type comments...

They were just so blatantly ridiculous that I'm thinking he was coached to begin seeding a rivalry in order to have a rematch with even more dollars at stake.

It's got to be rehearsed/scripted and all business when you get this far ahead in the sport -- there's no way that with a $300 million purse there isn't a lot of professional management coaching the post-fight comments.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pacqiao's comments about winning the fight and "he was running away" type comments...

They were just so blatantly ridiculous that I'm thinking he was coached to begin seeding a rivalry in order to have a rematch with even more dollars at stake.

It's got to be rehearsed/scripted and all business when you get this far ahead in the sport -- there's no way that with a $300 million purse there isn't a lot of professional management coaching the post-fight comments.

SHOCKER....

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/boxing/rematch--floyd-mayweather-says-he-s-open-to-idea-of-fighting-pacman-again-165858758.html

I'd like to see Golovkin-Mayweather. My guess is Floyd ducks him just like he did the pacman in his prime. But Golovkin has said he's willing to drop weight to fight him.

+1.  I would love to see that too.  However, I think Mayweather has a policy: I do not fight anybody in their prime.  And second I do not fight anyone who could beat me. 

I have a theory that if there is a rematch Mayweather may throw it to set up a third fight.  If there are no other fighters who can draw like Pacquiao can then that would be the best move money-wise, right?  I'd like to believe that isn't true but like Eric says, there is a hell of a lot of money at stake.

• 2 weeks later...

I'd like to see Golovkin-Mayweather. My guess is Floyd ducks him just like he did the pacman in his prime. But Golovkin has said he's willing to drop weight to fight him.

Twentieth KO in a row for Golovkin. Had 2 knockdowns in the 2nd almost a 3rd, but took until the 6th for the TKO. Only lost one round. He's the guy people should be watching instead of Floyd.

33-0 30 KOs