THANK YOU

Sea Island

Sanjeev - thanks again for the pre-meeting dinner and the post-meeting MPIC mini-meeting.  Sounds like you are making great progress, and in the Fairfax way. 

Norm - thanks for the Wednesday afternoon event on the 19th floor; was great to hear Francis, Sam M. and Guy Spier share some thoughts.

Back at the office today, after a very pleasant trip first to Ottawa then to Kitchener-Waterloo, where I was born and where I remember spending many summers as a kid with my parents, while they were lecturing at the University of Waterloo. It has been very nice indeed to see those places again! :)

The two most important takeaways from the FFH annual meeting imo follow:

1) FFH remains the only investment I know which will perform well, should something seriously go wrong with this global deleveraging we are living through. With “should something seriously go wrong” I mean: stock prices correct violently downward AND STAY DOWN FOR A PROTRACTED PERIOD OF TIME.

2) FIH is a vehicle that should be able to compound at high rates of return for a very long time to come.

Cheers,

Gio

Hey Gio, I did not know your were from Waterloo!  I did my graduate studies there :) 

Nice town, love the Uptown and Kitchner area - nothing like Europe , of course, but it has its own Canadian character which I really like! 

Gary

Back at the office today, after a very pleasant trip first to Ottawa then to Kitchener-Waterloo, where I was born and where I remember spending many summers as a kid with my parents, while they were lecturing at the University of Waterloo. It has been very nice indeed to see those places again! :)

The two most important takeaways from the FFH annual meeting imo follow:

1) FFH remains the only investment I know which will perform well, should something seriously go wrong with this global deleveraging we are living through. With “should something seriously go wrong” I mean: stock prices correct violently downward AND STAY DOWN FOR A PROTRACTED PERIOD OF TIME.

2) FIH is a vehicle that should be able to compound at high rates of return for a very long time to come.

Cheers,

Gio

Hey Gio, I did not know your were from Waterloo!  I did my graduate studies there :) 

Nice town, love the Uptown and Kitchner area - nothing like Europe , of course, but it has its own Canadian character which I really like! 

Gary

Hi Gary,

I am actually! :)

And I would say the Campus of the University of Waterloo is getting better and better, putting to shame many campuses of the most prestigious universities in Europe. I think it is something to be proud of!

Cheers,

Gio

This is overdue to be said, but should be said nonetheless. Thank you Sanjeev et al. The dinner and pre-dinner meeting was my first this year. I have been going to FFH AGM for about 10 years but always forgot to buy a ticket (until it was sold out). Well done. Enjoyed the speakers at the predinner meeting and at the dinner. Really enjoy the like minded friendships I have and am developing00.

I have only been to Omaha twice (the last 2 years). I suspect FFH meetings are like Berkshire meetings were years ago (before hitting the 25,000 and 33,000 mark). Same great content but WAY more intimate. Really well done.Thank you. Count me in for next year.

Michael Sheahan.