2014 FFH Shareholder's Dinner - Less Than 25 Tickets Left!

Parsad

Folks,

Last minute work travel requires that I skip the event this year :(. I have a ticket to the dinner that I am not using. I do not want anything for the ticket but would like to offer it to the highest bidder who commits to making a donation to the The Crohn's & Colitis Foundation of Canada.

Hi Folks,

We are getting to the finish line here on tickets!  A maximum of 140 tickets this year.  I will not be able to provide anyone with last minute dinner tickets or presentation seating this year, as we have limited space and the room will not be able to accommodate any more than that without making viewing for other patrons uncomfortable.  If you plan on attending, even as a late straggler when Prem gets there, I recommend a ticket, as there will not be much standing room with Fairfax's guests there.  Cheers!

2014 Fairfax Financial Shareholder’s Dinner

The Fairfax Financial Shareholder’s Dinner we hold each year, is set for April 8, 2014 at the Fairmont Royal York

in Toronto.  We’ve always enjoyed support from Fairfax, and our last dinner was completely ridiculous, as Fairfax

CEO Prem Watsa brought along 15 other executives, managers and CEO’s with him.

The dinner is held in memory of JoAnn Butler, who was Prem Watsa’s executive assistant for many years.  JoAnn

passed away on May 12, 2009 from colon cancer, and she was instrumental in the success of our dinners each year. 

We raised almost $20,000 for “The Crohn’s & Colitis Foundation of Canada” in JoAnn’s memory last April.

Fairfax Financial Shareholder’s Dinner

Upper Canada Room - 18th Floor

Tuesday April 8, 2014

Fairmont Royal York

100 Front Street West

Toronto, Ontario

(416)368-2511

Tickets are available directly if you scroll down the left side of the “Corner of Berkshire & Fairfax” website homepage at:

www.cornerofberkshireandfairfax.ca

Prices are the same as last year. 

- $75 for presentation only, and free water, coffee, tea, as well as available cash bar.

- $150 for dinner and presentation.

We have a limit of only 140 tickets this year, as the Fairmont Royal York did not have a lot of room available. 

So get your tickets early, as we will definitely be sold out pretty soon. 

If anyone is interested in corporate sponsorship of prizes, or any donors for prizes, please contact me at cornerofberkshireandfairfax@gmail.com.

Thanks very much!

Hey Sanjeev,

I was just wondering what time the dinner starts? It doesn't seem to be indicated in the above but I remember 6:30 pm from some thread somewhere. Does it start at 6:30?

Mungerville,...

You might want to look at this message thread:

2014 Fairfax Financial Shareholder’s Dinner

http://www.cornerofberkshireandfairfax.ca/forum/events/2014-fairfax-financial-shareholder's-dinner-9626/msg155480/#msg155480

the shareholders dinner starts at something around ~6:30pm

====>>>>

Sanjeev, question for you.  If we wanted to donate money either to the website or to the chrones foundation, which would you to prefer?

Also, if we want to catch most events, do we have a definite list for which days to come/go yet?

Either is fine with me of course, but if you donate directly to the CCFC (www.ccfc.ca), you will get a nice tax receipt!

Yes, events are pretty much set:

Monday, April 7th

6pm or so - Ben Graham Dinner - Location to be announced

Tuesday, April 8th

9am - 4pm - Ben Graham School Value Investing Conference - Fairmont Royal York

3pm - 6pm - Norm's Pre-Dinner Mix - Fairmont Royal York Railcar Bar

6:30pm - 11pm - Fairfax Financial Shareholder's Dinner - Fairmont Royal York Upper Canada Room

Wednesday, April 9th

9am - 1pm - Fairfax Financial Annual General Meeting - Roy Thomson Hall

1:30pm - 5pm - MPIC Funds Annual General Meeting - Roy Thomson Hall Pickering/Green Rooms

Cheers!

Hi guys! I know a lot of you will attend the FFH dinner next week, and the AGM the next day. I will be there too. Therefore, I asked myself: how shall I recognize you? After all, we constantly exchange our views on business and other matters, but we have never seen each other…

My solution: I will be recognized instead! I attach a recent picture of mine, so that you might recognize Gio at once! ;)

I look forward to having a great time with you all in Toronto! :)

Cheers,

Gio

PS

Sanjeev, tell me that I can take a picture with you, Mr. Watsa, and Mr. Pabrai next week… three great value investors and a fan!! ;D ;D

Gio,...

we might recognize you better, if you come with a giant Italian flag. ;D 

Ahhh,... a small one attached to you might also do it.  But beware someone might ask you where you left the pepperoni pizza,... ;)

Hello all

I am guessing this group has also attended the AGM.  Please share some wisdom  :)

It was wonderful.  Kudos to Sanjeev for the excellent dinner!

But after three days of non-stop meetings, I'm going to follow Mohnish Pabrai's advice and take a nap.  I'm sure others will fill you in.  :)

What a wonderful evening.

I appreciate the hard work Sanjeev and Alnesh put into the evening. I never got a chance to say hi to Sanjeev but spoke to Alnesh a couple of times and he was so gracious and thankful for everyone who attended the evening.

I'm looking forward to next year. I'll have to remember to get there earlier for dinner. I was starving but didn't mind as the lineup of speakers was impressive. There's something to be said about being a shareholder of Fairfax. You never have to worry going to sleep at night. Prem and his team are doing a great job day in and day out.

What a wonderful evening.

I appreciate the hard work Sanjeev and Alnesh put into the evening. I never got a chance to say hi to Sanjeev but spoke to Alnesh a couple of times and he was so gracious and thankful for everyone who attended the evening.

I'm looking forward to next year. I'll have to remember to get there earlier for dinner. I was starving but didn't mind as the lineup of speakers was impressive. There's something to be said about being a shareholder of Fairfax. You never have to worry going to sleep at night. Prem and his team are doing a great job day in and day out.

Hi TorontoRaptorsFan,

I was looking for you all night.  Had no idea you arrived until I saw the headphones.  Sorry we didn't get a chance to talk.  I was walking around all night with a foggy congested head.  Absolutely sick as a dog right now, and I'm just happy I made it through another week in Toronto! 

All the best,

Sanjeev