WEB on CNBC tomorrow

OracleofCarolina

any other interesting bits?  I didn't get to watch it.

From memory: BRK has ~40 billion in cash-equivalents now, and ~$38 billion of that is in Treasury bills. He's not worried about getting repaid. They'll spend 10 billion on PP&E this year. He's happy with the IBM investment and would be glad to see the price go down to 170 and stay there for years (because of attractive repurchases). If he knew that scenario would play out he'd buy more shares. They've added to IBM this year but aren't buying today. They just spent $1 billion on a new acquisition in Europe. He's sure per-capita Coke consumption will continue to grow, but not as fast as it used to. He's happy with the new Benjamin Moore CEO, and earnings there have never been stronger. BNSF is set to match or slightly exceed its best month ever in rail-way shipments, a record set in 2006. He thinks it's stupid and immoral to use the debt-ceiling as a political weapon of mass destruction, and thinks the move should be banned.

Sara Blakely, Founder of Spanx, was on the show and told her story. Warren said she's the epitome of the American Dream. I would agree with that and add that she seems like a wonderful person; it's worth spending a few minutes reading her biography. She recently joined the Giving Pledge.

any other interesting bits?  I didn't get to watch it.

Don't worry.  He'll be on again soon.  I heard he's going to retire from Berkshire and join Joe, Becky, Andrew Ross and the gang as a full time co-host.  It's been moving in that direction, but this will make it official.